Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

14 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Against Spurs take away Isak. All the rest involved in the goals are Ashley signings. Murphy goals, Joelinton goal, Wilson goal. Assists Willock, Schar, Longstaff, Almiron involved in the last one. Let them complain, they dont know what they are talking about.

Great point 

1 hour ago, The Prophet said:

Hoping that's in jest over the disallowed goal, and not Schar (and the team in general) showing anger at Burn coming back into the team after being benched.

8 minutes ago, TBG said:

Hoping that's in jest over the disallowed goal, and not Schar (and the team in general) showing anger at Burn coming back into the team after being benched.

You can see it is meant in good humour from the emojis. 100% just about the goal, you can see in some of the post match stuff Schar is ribbing Burn for costing him a goal.

25 minutes ago, TBG said:

Definitely worrying

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I don’t think we’re overachieving either. Since January 2022 our level/points return is pretty solidly (Prem average wise)exactly were we are, third. 
:notbad:

I think we deserve to be in the top four, based on our performances. But on paper, these guys should not be performing like this.

To put it another way, if we had an average manager, I think we would be amongst the teams fighting relegation. Mind you, an average manager would have taken us down last season.

Don’t get me wrong- I love watching this team. Seeing them excelling themselves every week is great.

40 minutes ago, TBG said:

He's just giving Burny some shit. They're part of the best defense in the league together.

Was looking on the Everton forum. Was surprised how many thought we were quite a poor side.

Trying to look from their perspective, they were quite dominant in the first 25 minutes or so. But, apart from that DCL 1 vs 1 with Schar they created nothing. They did control the midfield for that period but never did anything with it. 
Thing is, we were quite poor with the ball tbh but I don’t think they’ve given us credit for being positionally very good and defending resolutely. 
The other point is, you never really saw their FBs create width and make overlaps/overloads and that’s because of how good we are on the break. 
Against a supposedly shite side, your FBs don’t spend the entire game 5 yds from their CBs. Especially not at home.

Also, they really  do come across as entitled.

17 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think we deserve to be in the top four, based on our performances. But on paper, these guys should not be performing like this.

To put it another way, if we had an average manager, I think we would be amongst the teams fighting relegation. Mind you, an average manager would have taken us down last season.

Don’t get me wrong- I love watching this team. Seeing them excelling themselves every week is great.

A portion of them are playing well above their station, and once  the season ends may never reach that pinnacle again, time to cash in on one or two.

Was fucking hilarious seeing them all frothing at the mouth when the third went in :lol: 

The only sickener for me was that Gordon didn't wrap it up with a 5th. Ultimate trolling by Howe to bring him on at the end and I'm all for it.

Being booed on by 25 fans :lol: 

On train hyem now, what a night. Iffy first half but quality showed, we were never not getting something from the game after going 0-1 up and we were never not winning it after going 0-2 up.

Gave massive commiserations to my Everton mate who I was out for the whole day with, his current mood about Everton reminded me of myself when Ashley and Bruce were here. But can't lie, it was canny fucking funny after all the build up and bus welcomes their lot gave for this game only to be twatted 1-4 in their own backyard. Eddie's mags.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

his current mood about Everton reminded me of myself when Ashley and Bruce were here

Aye - I do completely sympathise with that to be fair like. There's nothing worse when you feel like you have no connection to the first thing that you ever felt in love with.

They do have a number of helmets online, however don't we all? I think a season or two outside of the Premier League will be a good thing for them as fans to build back that connection. 

For all the faux rivalry that's been created, they are a proper traditional club and it's a shame to see them ran into the ground. 

Crazy to think not too long ago this lot had the Don as manager with James Rodriguez in the line up :lol: 

Where would people rank this one for enjoyment based on this season's matches? I know recency bias is probably at play, but it may only be second to Spurs (h) for me.

We were just absolutely taking the piss at the end, after having to really earn the right to do so throughout the rest of the match.

Spurs (a), Man Utd (h), Man City (h), Leicester (h) [CC], and Southampton (h) [CC] are all up there, too.

1 minute ago, Chicken Dancer said:

Aye - I do completely sympathise with that to be fair like. There's nothing worse when you feel like you have no connection to the first thing that you ever felt in love with.

They do have a number of helmets online, however don't we all? I think a season or two outside of the Premier League will be a good thing for them as fans to build back that connection. 

For all the faux rivalry that's been created, they are a proper traditional club and it's a shame to see them ran into the ground. 

Crazy to think not too long ago this lot had the Don as manager with James Rodriguez in the line up :lol: 

Post match hearing him go on about the same things we were saying 2-3 years ago was stark, like. Messaged me after

"Chucking the ST next season. I've had it since I was 6 but what's the point? A board who doesn't care and clearly resents the fans with a shit team on the pitch scrapping to stay up, only to do the exact same thing next season if they manage it. Only thing is we won't stay up this time and I can't be arsed with forking out the same amount of money to watch us struggle against Plymouth on a Tuesday night."

Stuck with me, like. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Where would people rank this one for enjoyment based on this season's matches? I know recency bias is probably at play, but it may only be second to Spurs (h) for me.

We were just absolutely taking the piss at the end, after having to really earn the right to do so throughout the rest of the match.

Spurs (a), Man Utd (h), Man City (h), Leicester (h) [CC], and Southampton (h) [CC] are all up there, too.

I could have seen us getting a 6-1 against an abject Spurs side, but I would never have thought we'd have gone and scored 5 at Goodison. 

46 minutes ago, Cronky said:

We are fifth in net spend over the last five years.  Net spend

Everton are one of six English clubs who have never been relegated from the Premier League since its creation in 1992. The others are Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester United, Tottenham and Chelsea.

So in their heads they are part of some kind of Big 6... Oh I would love it, just love it if they went down!

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Man Utd home was pure ecstasy. If we were as clinical in that game as we were in the last two it could’ve been owt

4 minutes ago, Rich said:

Yeah definitely up there. Spurs last week has to be number 1 and then probably Man U.

I enjoyed the Leicester win on Boxing day also.

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

top 5 for sure betwen the manner in which we took the piss and the quality of that second half destruction. 

6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Post match hearing him go on about the same things we were saying 2-3 years ago was stark, like. Messaged me after

"Chucking the ST next season. I've had it since I was 6 but what's the point? A board who doesn't care and clearly resents the fans with a shit team on the pitch scrapping to stay up, only to do the exact same thing next season if they manage it. Only thing is we won't stay up this time and I can't be arsed with forking out the same amount of money to watch us struggle against Plymouth on a Tuesday night."

Stuck with me, like. :lol:

It's funny but you can absolutely relate :lol: 

I'd definitely advise him to not chuck it...who knows what the situation will be in 24 months - use NUFC as the prime example!