Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Post match hearing him go on about the same things we were saying 2-3 years ago was stark, like. Messaged me after

"Chucking the ST next season. I've had it since I was 6 but what's the point? A board who doesn't care and clearly resents the fans with a shit team on the pitch scrapping to stay up, only to do the exact same thing next season if they manage it. Only thing is we won't stay up this time and I can't be arsed with forking out the same amount of money to watch us struggle against Plymouth on a Tuesday night."

Stuck with me, like. :lol:

I’d advise him to stay for next season mind, the championship was the only enjoyable time under Ashley ?

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

Where would people rank this one for enjoyment based on this season's matches? I know recency bias is probably at play, but it may only be second to Spurs (h) for me.

We were just absolutely taking the piss at the end, after having to really earn the right to do so throughout the rest of the match.

Spurs (a), Man Utd (h), Man City (h), Leicester (h) [CC], and Southampton (h) [CC] are all up there, too.

I think Man City at home back in August was when I thought 'fuck we might actually have a cracking season here', but for enjoyment levels I think the Man Utd (H) game was the best. We battered them as much as we did Spurs, we just didn't take the chances as much.

Most important win of the season (so far) was Wolves (H) for me. It'll get swept under the radar a tad but we weren't great, in the middle of our poor run and we scored a relatively late winner which started this new run. I suppose Forest (A) scoring a last minute winner will get the plaudits but if we didn't win this it would have put us in a sticky situation with tricky games to follow.

18 minutes ago, Rich said:

Where would people rank this one for enjoyment based on this season's matches? I know recency bias is probably at play, but it may only be second to Spurs (h) for me.

We were just absolutely taking the piss at the end, after having to really earn the right to do so throughout the rest of the match.

Spurs (a), Man Utd (h), Man City (h), Leicester (h) [CC], and Southampton (h) [CC] are all up there, too.

Villa (H), Chelsea (H), Leicester (A), Forest (A), Man Utd (H), Spurs (H) and Everton (A) for me in terms of games I've enjoyed the most.

The Man City home game I was out of breath after and we should've won the game really. None of the LC games have really stuck/resonted with me either tbh.

4 minutes ago, Disco said:

Perfect angle for that pen on Longstaff too. Absolutely stonewall.

Edit: Discman and Butcher united as one.

Was just gonna say, foul looks even worse on the matchcam