Everton 1-4 Newcastle United (27/04/2023)

Disco

Wow. What a performance. That to me felt like a Man City brushing aside dross.

Tonight was a test. It was about eradicating the mistakes of last season, and we did that. We were clinical, professional, and diligent. 

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

It’s 8:15am here in Sydney and I’m meant to be starting work - instead I’ve got about six pages open on internet explorer talking about NUFC and switching between them.  NUFC being class again is having a massive impact on my professional standing

:lol: :thup:

Brilliant result. 3 more wins is all we need. I’m still raging about that penalty decision yet again. What is the point of VAR. Thankfully we won but now it’ll get forgotten about and brushed under the carpet 

009E36A0-D3AD-4B4C-96AD-E0AC1F352E36.jpeg

4 minutes ago, gdm said:

Brilliant result. 3 more wins is all we need. I’m still raging about that penalty decision yet again. What is the point of VAR. Thankfully we won but now it’ll get forgotten about and brushed under the carpet 

Could have been an Olly Bernard moment that but I think this team is even better. 

31 minutes ago, gdm said:

Technically yes, that is a penalty - he doesn't get the ball and goes straight into the man - but I think it wasn't given because Longstaff kicked the ball out. For some reason, there is this convention that if the attacker has lost control of the ball and the move is over, then the pen doesn't get given. It's as if a penalty has not been properly earned. It's a foul in every other area of the pitch for sure.

It'd be interesting to know what Dermot Gallagher will make of it on Ref Watch.

When you consider that this tackle caused Longstaff some considerable discomfort and Little Arms shoved him while he was on the ground I think Everton got away really lightly with no penalty or bookings.

For me it was a penalty all day long and there should have been some cards flashed!!

19 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

Ah bless him. Look at his little arms, man.... stretching as far as he can, and still neewhere near that ball!!! [emoji38]:indi:

Is it just me (it probably is), but am I the only one thinks he doesnt have a little arms?! I just dont see it.