Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

Feel like people are giving Leeds the respect they deserve. They have good fans, fighting for their lives and we went there with them on a new manager bounce.

Edited by mikejaxer

Just now, mikejaxer said:

Feel like people are giving Leeds the respect they deserve. They have good fans, fighting for their lives and we went there with them on a new manager bounce.

They are a dreadful team tbf, McKennie is lucky he’s a pro. Abysmal player 

Howe got the set up wrong at the start and then fixed it. 

As a team we wasnt good enough, Trips looks shattered, Burn hasnt been at it for weeks, the sub of Wilson instead of Isak was wrong in my opinion and i would have gone for Murph instead of Gordan, but that me being as negative as possible. Elland road when bouncing is a hard place to go, they only lost 2-1 away to the best team in Europe atm last week, and this was thier 1st home game under a new manager, it was never going to be easy. 

We played well, but couldn't break them down in the final 3rd, this is why Joelinton was played in Dm (makes letting Shelvey go look even worse). We still only have to win 2 games against teams that are either not vey good this season, are out of form or both and thats only if Liverpool are perfect, which they wont be. It's no time to panic we'll get there an then thats when the real fun starts, because we NEED to them solve the problems in squad that we currently have. 

6 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I know that Isak run v Everton was one of the moments of the season but no more of him on the left touchline please

It's an option in certain games against tired legs to move Isak into where there is space. But as your starting move it's a waste. Feel like Eddie has bowed to pressure a bit to play them both together.

4 minutes ago, Smal said:

this is absolute madness imo. He has been incredible this season in all kinds of games.

Trippier is dodgy defensively man. I'm not just saying it for the fun of it.

I'm not sure how you're not seeing it when watching all these games this season.

Almiron and Longstaff have often made his life a lot easier down that right hand side. 

Longstaff being out recently has really exposed the issue more of late.

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

I'm going to have to stop reading fan reactions in the next few years as every defeat, or every draw to a side outside the top 3, is apocalyptic and a disgrace.

It's crackers man. You'd think our fans would've developed some perspective under Ashley, especially the one's who've been around for years. Apparently not though :lol:

Had us down the other week for a draw here, but fuck me that was a limp performance.  The lack of urgency was frightening.  They really miss Longstaff’s harrying in midfield.  I’ve seen so many talk about Bruno being the best midfielder since Rob Lee - which he might be - but at the moment he’s also sharing Lee’s trait of tailing off in the second half of the season.  Gordon and ASM somehow made us perform worse - Gordon’s habit of stupid challenges and wasting time arguing with the referee is likely to grow old fast, and ASM put in an old school ASM performance.

The back line really needs work in the summer - it is being exposed weekly now for its frightening lack of pace.  A no 5 and a LB needed in the summer.  Though that shouldn’t mean Trippier’s form isn’t looked at critically - and FFS let someone else have a crack with dead balls. 

Two winnable home games to get the job done.  We don’t want to be going to Stamford Bridge needing something - you can bet those fuckers will somehow turn up that day.  Still think we’ll do this, but the ‘slow starts’ are becoming standard, and when we don’t get going we’re in trouble. 

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

I'm going to have to stop reading fan reactions in the next few years as every defeat, or every draw to a side outside the top 3, is apocalyptic and a disgrace.

Highly emotional situation isn't it. I find the lol bedwetters/there's absolutely nothing to worry about craic just as tiresome as the hysteria like. :lol:

Just now, Andy said:

It's crackers man. You'd think our fans would've developed some perspective under Ashley, especially the one's who've been around for years. Apparently not though :lol:

Nah, that was shite today.  It’s not drawing the game that is the issue, that was a performance which would have been equally criticised pre-2021

6 minutes ago, Andy said:

The same Liverpool who got beat off Bournemouth who were fighting for their lives?

Well that was 10 games and over two months ago but yeah, if you like [emoji38]

Anyway, my point was that when both sides have something to play for, a good side should beat a poor side. We didn't play well enough & that's something we have to accept as the reason we haven't won today. No excuses, play better in the next two, head to Stamford Bridge with top four in the bag.

Edited by Keegans Export

3 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

That, with the same points, is classed as 'bed wetting' before the fact but the opposite of it afterwards.

Think the concept needs to be better defined.

Dissapointed we didn’t score from open play, and that we couldn’t hold on once we went ahead, but with the start we had to the game it could have been much much worse. Two immense home games now, and I’m absolutely buzzing to be over for the Brighton game next week. 

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Is there even a definite injury to the ankle for Bruno ? Doesn’t look strapped up at all in any of the training videos or matches.

I keep seeing people saying he’s injured, but if that’s true why play him?  He’s not exactly undroppable at the moment

Loads of people have been crying out to play Wilson and Isak together now  it was a stupid idea . Trippier being assigned to the bin and Almiron lead footed. Sometimes things just click, like Joelinton in midfield and you are  seen as a hero. Eddie has done a fantastic job this season and he is learning all the time and without Trippiers early season performances we wouldn't be where we are

15 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Biggest takeaway from this game for me.

Trippier has to be a situational player next season.

Only to be used against teams that are not very physical and do not have someone very quick and tricky on his side.

He's really small, quite slow and not very physical. He's been brilliant on the whole this season, but against the wrong kind of team or player he is a liability defensively.

In addition to this I also somewhat feel the same about Amiron too. Has to be a squad player next season, to be brought in against the right kind of opponent. Kept looking to fall over and gesture to the ref every time he was challenged, which only emboldened Leeds and made our play more and more disjointed.

Trippier and Almiron today were very very disappointing, and it was often the undercurrent to a lot of our play getting spoiled.

Allardyce's, no doubt about it.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Highly emotional situation isn't it. I find the lol bedwetters/there's absolutely nothing to worry about craic just as tiresome as the hysteria like. :lol:

I prefer to watch football with a passive smile, secure in the fact I’m not bedwetting when we nearly go 2 down. 

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

I keep seeing people saying he’s injured, but if that’s true why play him?  He’s not exactly undroppable at the moment

Lack of options in the middle, no Bruno and no Longstaff leaves us with little other options there