Leeds United 2-2 Newcastle United (13/05/2023)

Disco

I don’t think Gordon did too badly despite all the criticism. Good run that nearly won is a pen and should have done better with the FK we got. He definitely needs time. 

Would start Murphy over all of them for the rest of the season. 

6 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

You guys are fucking hilarious. Anyone with an ounce of common sense could see that that was always going to be a horribly difficult game. Apart from an awful opening 25 mins, we were dogged, had plenty of positive play, but just couldn’t get the winner. Very unlucky with their equaliser.

People seem to forget there are two teams playing… it’s not just about us… it’s also about a Leeds team absolutely fighting for their lives.

Couldn't agree more.

Some right entiled heads starting to grow,

What happened to , "we just want a team that tries."

Edited by mighty__mag

Any accusations of bottling is properly triggering. So unfair on this exceptional bunch of players who are among some of the strongest mentally I've ever seen in my time supporting the club. 

We literally came out the right end of three penalties - easily one of the hardest mental challenges in the whole sport.

They had to fight for everything to secure that point. Could easily have gone the other way. 

A result that should hopefully instill some humility in the naive assertions that good team beats bad team when it gets to this stage of the season. Teams are battling, nerves set in, and everything's chaotic, nothing is straightforward or a given.

Honestly, a good point and a bad point imo. So many offshoots from that result where we were lucky to get a point, naive when we were ahead, and robbed by the ref as well. 

I'll take it as a positive result in the context of a poor performance where we could have easily lost. Outside of that context and having been 2-1 up, it's poor though. You have to target our two home matches now

Pope: 10

Tripper: 4

Schar: 6

Botman: 6

Burn: 5

Bruno: 5

Joelinton: 5

Willock: 6

Almiron: 5.5

Wilson: 8

Isak: 7

Just now, Ben said:

5th is the worst we can finish now, geed up, I'd have taken that in August 

What a bottle job by the lads. Pathetic. Mentally weak cunts. Expected 3rd place to be worst case by this stage personally. 

1 minute ago, joeyt said:

Anyone been a bit disappointed with Botman in recent weeks?

Doesn't feel as imperious as he was earlier in the season

No.  He is 23 and has been fucking impressive in his first season.  Shit happens.

We are at the sharp end the season and everyone is fighting.  2-2 is not a bad result. 

Super bad luck with that deflection like..

At least we didn't lose I guess. Hope the fannies get to change their sodden undies or at least dry them out in the sunshine this afternoon

Game was very much how I imagined, I was nervous for this one. Feared a loss, frustrating but okay with a point.

Some right freaks raging about it, can't comprehend what you must've been feeling for the last 20 years and how you're still alive.

I think the “fanny” “pathetic” and “bedwetter” comments coming from some in here is harsh. People are entitled to feel a bit concerned at the thought of missing out on top 4 and our performances not being as good as they’ve been during the season. 

Just now, Disco said:

Poor until they switched Isak central 

I think this is the answer going forward tbh, Isak is not involved enough wide left and it knocks our balance off. Back to one of them on the bench or 4231 hopefully.

Longstaff's injury just gives us a real headache cos we had a system that was working well. 

People’s reactions on here man. It’s still in our hands. We don’t have a God-given right to finish in top 4, but I think we will. We won’t fuck this up.