Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

48 minutes ago, nufcnick said:

If we do get the result we need tomorrow, I don’t think Eddie will change his plans, we have the chance to be the only team to be unbeaten in London for a long time and he will want that record 

I don't think Howe care about such pointless record 

43 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think we’ll put a strong team out against Chelsea, even if we don’t need the points. 

I didn’t realise Chelsea’s last three games are City, Man U and us, brutal sign off for Lamps.

Yeah I want him sent packing from management forever. Unless it’s Sunderland that come calling for him.

42 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I think we’ll put a strong team out against Chelsea, even if we don’t need the points. 

I didn’t realise Chelsea’s last three games are City, Man U and us, brutal sign off for Lamps.

If nothing at stake there will be definitely a few changes you’d imagine but because our injuries have really piled up this month they will be limited.

Targett and Manquillo possibly as Trippier currently doubtful for Leicester let alone Chelsea. Targett for man management reasons.

Midfield you might have Bruno sent for ankle operation and Joelinton also not in great shape but we have no replacements with Willock out and Longstaff doubtful.

If fit you’d of expected sentimental send offs for Ritchie and possibly even Lascelles but both out along with possibly Murphy and Longstaff.

Anybody got any ideas what our midfield is going to be if Bruno and joelinton fail their fitness tests? 

When Bruno volleyed that ball near the end he was in a lot of pain. 

At the moment it seems Anderson is the only one guaranteed to start in midfield? 

Could schar go into midfield? 

7 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If Joelinton ain't fit:

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Anderson

Bruno

Almiron

Isak

ASM 

God

I think that's the best shout. I think a slight tweak in formation should do it. 

Edited by Pancrate1892
Spelling

Fuck this draw shit. Do to them what we did to Spurs. Put them to bed in the first 20 minutes and have a massive fucking party for the remaining 70 minutes. I want to see Eddie and Jason just kicking back in the dug out drinking tea and eating biscuits. Won’t be a dry eye in the house at full time. And no work will get done on Tuesday because every fucker will be too hung over. 

9 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck this draw shit. Do to them what we did to Spurs. Put them to bed in the first 20 minutes and have a massive fucking party for the remaining 70 minutes. I want to see Eddie and Jason just kicking back in the dug out drinking tea and eating biscuits. Won’t be a dry eye in the house at full time. And no work will get done on Tuesday because every fucker will be too hung over. 

Oh yes, out of the traps 100 mph. Have it! ??

“This is our house!” :indi:

Their one move seems to be give the ball to Tielemans deep, he gives it to Maddison, he looks for Vardy or whoever is up front in behind the defence. If they beat the press it's a danger as in a one-off game they're capable, but I think we'll batter them. 

2 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Secure CL tomorrow and then play our bench against Chelsea. Give Paulie D, Ritchie, Manquillo, Lewis, Dubs, Miley, etc a run out. 

Fuck that, each place in the league is worth £2.5m. Plus I really want to finish above Man United, as they’re the only club we haven’t finished above in the PL era.

28 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Fuck that, each place in the league is worth £2.5m. Plus I really want to finish above Man United, as they’re the only club we haven’t finished above in the PL era.

Plus the London record.

I do think Howe will happily have both those things as he'll believe in creating psychological landmarks for the squad. The best way to feel good about going to Chelsea in a probably more important fixture next season is to have already been in the same dressing room, at the same ground in front of the same supporters, and trashed them.