Newcastle United vs. Leicester City: 22/05/23 @ 20:00 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

58 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I don’t think Howe cares about niche records, he’s just an ultra competitive guy who will want to finish 3rd. 

He'll want to finish 3rd but as soon as Champs league is assured he'll be focused on next season. That could well mean Bruno has the needed op before Chelsea. Ashby may well get a start and Miley (to show prospective youngsters that there is a route to first team..... I'm looking at you Chris Rigg) or quite possibly Anderson.

4 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Fuck this draw shit. Do to them what we did to Spurs. Put them to bed in the first 20 minutes and have a massive fucking party for the remaining 70 minutes. I want to see Eddie and Jason just kicking back in the dug out drinking tea and eating biscuits. Won’t be a dry eye in the house at full time. And no work will get done on Tuesday because every fucker will be too hung over. 

Totally agree. We don't want it to be in our nature to go easy on anyone. Yes, everton are cunts, fuck them, but they'll settle their own destiny. 

We need to finish the job.

Just now, Dokko said:

I believe Longstaff is back for this.

If he'd lost a leg I'd still have had him on the bench to bring him on right at the end. He's earned it this season.

17 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I believe Longstaff is back for this.

Don't know where you're getting that from, but hope it's true. We are desperate for central mids for the last couple of games.

11 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Dry bumming incoming! ???

Hope so.  Thought I'd got over the memory of Partizan Belgrade long ago but it's back. Only needed a draw to qualify for the CL, at home against an inferior opponent, but couldn't score and the pressure eventually told, even on Shearer. Hope that's forgotten forever by tomorrow night. 

1 minute ago, GideonShandy said:

Hope so.  Thought I'd got over the memory of Partizan Belgrade long ago but it's back. Only needed a draw to qualify for the CL, at home against an inferior opponent, but couldn't score and the pressure eventually told, even on Shearer. Hope that's forgotten forever by tomorrow night. 

Different times. Our time. Believe! :indi:

Besides which, as a one off, they could pump Longstaffs foot with pain killers. If he can get through 60 minutes....

Edited by STM

Just now, STM said:

Besides which, as a one off, they could pump Longstaffs foot with pain killers. If can get through 60 minutes....

As long as it doesn’t have the pins and needles affect like when you’ve sat on it! [emoji38]

I'm nervous in a 4.45pm on a typical work day way about it. Want to celebrate and relax about jinxing anything by changing anything but cant bring myself to until its done.

One more massive effort all round.

Would be delighted to get back to our clean-sheet and ceding no chances ways.