Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

I think Newcastle will do quite well in this years CL, for me you’re a dark horse because you haven’t been in it for ages so teams in Europe won’t know what to expect so to speak, can definitely see you getting out of the group stage anyway, then who knows with a bit of luck.

Looking back at last year's draw - the draw was on Thu 25/08/22, yet clubs did not seem to announce their specific fixtures (which teams they were facing on which dates) until after 9am on Sat 27/08/22.

Note sure if there is going to be the same delay this year.

It could be we will know the group Thu but not necessarily the dates, etc until Sat.

Edited by Bally21

9 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Looking back at last year's draw - the draw was on Thu 25/08/22, yet clubs did not seem to announce their specific fixtures (which teams they were facing on which dates) until after 9am on Sat 27/08/22.

Note sure if there is going to be the same delay this year.

It could be we will know the group Thu but not necessarily the dates, etc until Sat.

Yep, they have to go away and discuss various complications, so exact fixture details will take another day or two.

Cant lose whatever the draw. Going to enjoy even the customary usually torturous bureaucratic faffing around and compere bossiness

Tough group - great, that means top teams/clubs

Fancied group - great (plus that'll be a new player in Jan)

Group of teams we've played before - great cos that's Inter, Barcelona, Feyenoord and Antwerp (for the romantics)

Group of teams we haven't played before - great, new teams we haven't played before.

Scottish teams - not as romantic (like Glasgow and have a soft spot for one of them) but very winnable

21 minutes ago, The Fountain said:

Galatasary 1-0 up, 4-2 on aggregate. Pot 3 for them isn't it?

Na, very likely to be Pot 4.

YB 2-0 up and if they go through, Gala are defo in Pot 4. I'd prefer to avoid them to be honest. Long travel and fans will be on edge - I doubt many would go without a ticket.