Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

2 minutes ago, mikejaxer said:

I'm happy with the group but seriously, what the fuck is going on this season? 

We've had the toughest start in the league by far almost like someone's trying to fuck us over on purpose, then we get Man City in the FA cup and we get the group of death in the CL?

Fuck, we are defo getting fucked over if we have drawn Man City in the FA Cup 4 months before we even enter it.

Mad how we're straight back into Europe once Ashley fucked off. Definitely feels like we belong in European competition. Nine out 14 seasons pre-Ashley we made it (11 if you count failed Intertoto missions); one out of 14 during the time he was here. 

3 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

Yes, dreadful cities. Paris is a notorious dump and Milan is like the Sunderland of Italy.  No culture, ghastly food and lots of the people there can't even speak English.  ;)

You know there are large areas of Paris, in particular around the stadium that are indeed absolute dumps and quite unsafe to boot?

Milan has fantastic shopping, great food but not much else in the way of nightlife. Have you been to either?

Paris is a brilliant city and I'd be buzzing to go to Madrid but I'm probably in a relative minority in that I'd spend a decent amount of time sight-seeing rather than just going to get tanked up with the lads [emoji38]

Reckon Dortmund come last in our group.

Anyone seen their 1st 2 games of the season? Woeful. 

They may pick up some form but I think they’ve got too many problems in their team right now. Both FBs are below par and the CM position is quite weak now. 
They’ve got issues.

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Not going to lie am gutted we. Don't get to see Messi but people acting like we have no chance. Fuck that you wanna play the good sides, I'd hate city's group although the trips would be canny. 

Yeah, same. Was certainly hoping to experience us getting utterly torn apart by Messi at least once in my lifetime. 

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/group-f/winner

PSG generally 11/10

Newcastle generally 9/4

Milan generally 5/1

Dortmund generally 11/2

Obviously UK bookies to consider, but it's probably not too far off. It's not as daunting as it first appeared, it's just the names and prestige that stand out. It's obviously 3 massively high profile clubs, and Milan and Dortmund are particularly amazing, historic clubs with iconic stadiums, and Milan (like us) were clearly to team to avoid from their pot (from a progression POV), but those bottom 2 don't have the resources that we have. Would we have been happy to have sold Bruno this summer and bought RLC or Pulisic? You'd kind of expect RLC to go to a Palace or a Fulham or someone. 

It's such a glamorous group and it's got so much publicity as being the 'Group of Death' and the one everyone is talking about, but, while best to keep it on the downlow, we do have a really good chance of getting out of the group. We certainly wouldn't be 9/4 to top the group if the top 2 were Bayern and Real. 

I'd still have preferred one weaker team just in terms of schedule and using the squad and more chance of picking up easier points, or at least finishing 3rd, but in a way it's kind of perfect - massive names, high profile, no shame if we do finish 3rd or 4th, but we are absolutely a live dog in it.