Champions League 2023/2024: Group F (Newcastle, Milan, Dortmund, PSG)

Marko NUFC

27 minutes ago, NE27 said:

Obviously would still need to get from fuciamo to there though. Unless I'm doing it wrong but it was like nearly 8 hours on the train.

Coupled with a flight with a stop or two it's going to be a long one.

Trains between Roma Termini and Milan range between 2.45 and 3.40 depending which service you get. Rome airport to Termini is about 30 mins.

So I don't know you got to 8 hours unless you are meaning there and back?

It's definitely not going to be 'easy' but there is a lot of options if you're able to take a couple of days off and travel either side to other airports.

Not just on the Italy side either. If you're willing to go down a London airport there's loads of very cheap flights to both Milan Airports even on the day of the game. Obviously you're gonna have to have a bit of travel, but that's part of the fun to me like. Getting to Kharkiv was more fun than the match itself :lol:

If I hadn't already been to San Siro multiple times I'd definitely be going. Tbh I still might be tempted if it somehow goes to members sale.

43 minutes ago, Bally21 said:

Spot on regards the trains - Me and the missus used them a lot when we were on holiday in Italy pre-pandemic.

Every train we used was on time - except one which was 2 minutes late.

I am not going to Milan away, but if I was then I would have no qualms relying on trains - Verona is definitely and option - stunning place to visit.

Yup - they're great, regular and affordable. Particularly in the north. I did four games (Venezia, Verona, Brescia and Milan Derby) in 48 hours on trains. You couldn't do that in the UK (largely because of kick off times too mind).

Honestly if people do have the time and resources (although I honestly don't think it's that expensive if you look around) I'd even recommend bookending it with other (nicer) cities as opposed to just going direct to Milan.

26 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Trains between Roma Termini and Milan range between 2.45 and 3.40 depending which service you get. Rome airport to Termini is about 30 mins.

So I don't know you got to 8 hours unless you are meaning there and back?

It's definitely not going to be 'easy' but there is a lot of options if you're able to take a couple of days off and travel either side to other airports.

I'm not a seasoned traveller tbh so I find a lot of the websites hard to navigate.

I should be able to get a few days to try and make it a bit easier. I'll just have to spend a bit time working out the best routes in regards travel Vs price etc.

Ta:thup:

39 minutes ago, NE27 said:

I'm not a seasoned traveller tbh so I find a lot of the websites hard to navigate.

I should be able to get a few days to try and make it a bit easier. I'll just have to spend a bit time working out the best routes in regards travel Vs price etc.

Ta:thup:

Ditto, put me off going to be honest. I got lost trying to find my bus away at Everton 2 seasons ago and had to stop over in Liverpool for the night. There were 2 of us there. I'd be going myself to away european games so the chances of me not getting lost are very remote. Bit pissed off with myself to be honest.

31 minutes ago, Scoot said:

Ditto, put me off going to be honest. I got lost trying to find my bus away at Everton 2 seasons ago and had to stop over in Liverpool for the night. There were 2 of us there. I'd be going myself to away european games so the chances of me not getting lost are very remote. Bit pissed off with myself to be honest.

Well if I get a ticket sorted etc. you're more than welcome to tag along with me if you want.

Sure there will be Geordies here there and everywhere to put me right :lol:

interested to see where people are travelling from. anything from Newcastle seems a right fuck about. not many issues if you're based down south, flights into Italy are reasonable and the train once there will be sound.

getting down to London from Newcastle is the longest and most expensive part of it all, stupid fucking country.

Can someone explain the away ticket situation for Champions League. Are they in the ballot, if so can they be transferred to anyone, or just members, or not at all? Not in the ballot and was hoping friends could transfer if successful, but have heard conflicting reports...

1 minute ago, Andy B said:

Can someone explain the away ticket situation for Champions League. Are they in the ballot, if so can they be transferred to anyone, or just members, or not at all? Not in the ballot and was hoping friends could transfer if successful, but have heard conflicting reports...

You can't transfer the tickets, they gave to collected by the person buying them with ID.

I'm getting a train over to Milan from Nice (€40 rtn) on the morning of the game. Hoping tickets will drop to members sale but if not will have to chance it in the home section. My Italian is about as good as that fella from Inglourious Basterds though!

Just now, El Prontonise said:

You can't transfer the tickets, they gave to collected by the person buying them with ID.

I think it's just a small % that require being collected with ID.

Though in the case of Milan specifically, there will also be stewards/police? checking tickets match ID outside the stadium. 

I know of a couple of people that will be risking it (and praying that aren't in that small %).

2 minutes ago, Andy B said:

There’s no ballot at the moment. Just going through the normal points dropping process.

They’ve said there will be a ballot (probably only 200/300 tickets). However, if it reaches zero points anyway, and doesn’t sell out, it would seem pointless. Unless they ballot to Members?

But no, you can’t transfer. Legally anyway.

16 minutes ago, TheDimpleboy said:

I think it's just a small % that require being collected with ID.

Though in the case of Milan specifically, there will also be stewards/police? checking tickets match ID outside the stadium. 

I know of a couple of people that will be risking it (and praying that aren't in that small %).

Read the previous page, ponsaelius explains that its Italian policy to have ID with the ticket for all games

16 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Read the previous page, ponsaelius explains that its Italian policy to have ID with the ticket for all games

Yep, it is - a few matches went to watch England over there yesterday - everyone will be getting checked

6 minutes ago, Cookie1892 said:

did they check your ticket and id at stadium @Paully to see if they matched or did they just check you had a valid ticket and I.D?

His name and DOB was printed on his ticket pal - assume that's why we had to submit DOB and birthplace when we bought the tickets - apparently it is Italian policy.

Mind, NUFC want shot with shit (for the 567th time this summer) for making people go somewhere to collect their ticket with ID on the day of the game meaning some people will have to go through the ID checks - shite.

Imagine the ‘small number’ of collections were in part due to logistics. They were planning for ST sales to go through to Sunday and a ballot after that. Imagine all ST sales will at least be fast-tracked to tomorrow now.

Edited by Anderson

27 minutes ago, Anderson said:

Imagine the ‘small number’ of collections were in part due to logistics. They were planning for ST sales to go through to Sunday and a ballot after that. Imagine all ST sales will at least be fast-tracked to tomorrow now.

They did it at City and tickets should have been on sale several days before yesterday!

1 hour ago, Paully said:

His name and DOB was printed on his ticket pal - assume that's why we had to submit DOB and birthplace when we bought the tickets - apparently it is Italian policy.

Mind, NUFC want shot with shit (for the 567th time this summer) for making people go somewhere to collect their ticket with ID on the day of the game meaning some people will have to go through the ID checks - shite.

Surprising that the other clubs are OK with this as it's a needless drag on their time and resources.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Created a nice little job for themselves wonder who’s idea this was.

Spending your whole time dealing with aggrieved/angry/pissed off/pissed up fans doesn’t sound like a nice little job to me! 😂