joeyt

Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Improved Player of the Season: Longstaff/Murphy

Most Disappointing Player: Maxi, purely fitness reasons

Signing of the Season: Isak & Pope

Goal of the Season: Miggy's volley at Fulham

Assist of the season: Willock

Game of the Season: Spurs at home 

Moment of the Season: 2-0 against Man Utd, Burn's goal against Leicester, Murphy's wave

Manager rating out of 10: 10

Season rating out of 10: 10

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

1 hour ago, McDog said:

Fraser was my runner up for most disappointing. Wee Lad went from semi useful to "get the fuck out of here and don't come back".

It was 50/50 between him and Almiron who'd start before pre-season. Miggy smashed it by scoring a few while Fraser was injured and that was it. Mad where both are now. 

Was going to add in something like most important moment of the season.

As I think the winners against Wolves at home and Forest away were absolutely pivotal to our season. We were struggling (relatively) at the time and we needed those winners to gain the momentum

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Joint fewest losses. Fucking wow. Absolutely incredible achievement 

Aye, no defeats to anyone outside the European places, when you take gd into account our best season since 95/6, it's been unbelievable. 

Player of the Season: Joelinton, Botman & Isak, can't split them.

Most Improved Player of the Season: Longstaff and Murphy.

Most Disappointing Player: Gordon

Signing of the Season: Pope

Goal of the Season: ASM v Wolves

Assist of the season: Willock's v Tottenham

Game of the Season: 6-1 v Tottenham & 2-0 v Man Utd, can't split them with how good we were in both.

Moment of the Season: Willlock's header v Man Utd, that was the moment i really thought top 4 is going to happen.

Manager rating out of 10: 10 despite the final loss

Season rating out of 10: 10 as above.

Player of the Season: Joelinton

Most Improved Player of the Season: Almiron

Most Disappointing Player: ASM; felt like this was make or break for him and it just hasn't happened

Signing of the Season: Isak. Absolutely no way we hit that form post-Cup final without him coming back to fitness. Pope a close second for outrageous levels of consistency. 

Goal of the Season: Almiron vs Fulham

Assist of the season: Isak vs Everton 

Game of the Season: Spurs 6-1. Absolutely iconic. 

Moment of the Season: Really difficult. Burn vs Leicester, Isak winner vs Forest, Trippier's free-kick, penalty shoot-out win,  Isak's dribble, Willock's assist, Murphy's wave

Manager rating out of 10: 9

Season rating out of 10: 9

Player of the Season: Joelinton, tremendous season capped off with his first call up

Most Improved Player of the Season: Miggy. Could have been big Joe again or Longstaff but Miggy's came on tons

Most Disappointing Player: Targett. Slightly harsh as not really his fault, but I honestly thought he would come on leaps and bounds

Signing of the Season: Botman. Bloke's colossal

Goal of the Season: Miggy v Fulham

Assist of the season: Not even up for debate, even though it wasn't officially classed as an assist it has to Isak

Game of the Season: Hammering of Spurs, pure dreamland 

Moment of the Season: Despite it being a drab 0-0, the moment we were confirmed as top 4

Season rating out of 10: 10, far exceeded our expectations 

Player of the Season: Bruno as results without him dip significantly.

Most Improved Player of the Season: Murphy as predicted to many 😉 

Most Disappointing Player: Fraser as could’ve played a part this season and engineered an unnecessary situation and went against everyone else in the squad not playing regularly pulling in the right direction..

Signing of the Season: Isak as when finally fully fit stepped up to the plate aiding in some great winning runs.

Goal of the Season: Definitely celebrated in the ground Trippier’s against Man City the most. I celebrated Miggy’s at Fulham more in stunned disbelief when down there. Will sit on fence as so many and go for Isak’s 2nd against Liverpool that should’ve been.

Assist of the season: Willock against Spurs. The type of pass/vision I love to see as much as the goal itself. 

Game of the Season: Spurs at home in one sense but in the bigger picture Man City and Man Utd home games are hard to divide.

Moment of the Season: Burn's goal against Leicester followed by Longstaff’s double against Southampton. Local lads coming good on the big occasions always nice to see.

Manager rating out of 10: 9 - Being extremely harsh but would’ve got a 10 if we’d won the final but half justifying it as thought he made too many changes against Sheffield Wed even if I understand ultimately why he did.

Season rating out of 10: 9. Again probably extremely harsh but if we’d won the final then you get the full score. Regardless absolutely loved it.

Player of the Season: Trippier. So good, so consistent.

Most Improved Player of the Season: Murphy. Thought he was done after that Sheff Wed game, but he’s been a revelation the second half of the season. Delighted for him.

Most Disappointing Player: Feels churlish to identify anyone. Probably Fraser on the basis he was actually canny at the back end of last season and has fell off the face of the earth.

Signing of the Season: Pope. I don’t think anyone thought we needed a keeper as a matter of urgency last summer, but he’s been a rock and cost fuck all.

Goal of the Season: Miggy at Fulham. 

Assist of the season: Willock versus Spurs.

Game of the Season: Spurs at home.

Moment of the Season: Too many to pick from. Probably our fifth against Spurs just for the sheer wtf nature of it all but honourable mentions to the full time whistle against Leicester, Burn’s goal against Leicester in the cup, Willock’s goal against Chelsea, full time in the cup semi and Wilson’s goal against Man United.

Manager rating out of 10: 10. I don’t think he could’ve done much better.

Season rating out of 10: 9.5. Only black mark is getting to a cup final and not winning but in the grand scheme of things that wasn’t a disaster. Our time will come.

Player of the Season: Trippier

Most Improved Player of the Season: Almiron

Most Disappointing Player: Fraser

Signing of the Season: Botman

Goal of the Season: Almiron 1st goal at Fulham 

Assist of the season: Willock v Spurs

Game of the Season: Newcastle 2-0 Man Utd. 2-0 flattered them

Moment of the Season: Final whistle home to Leicester

Season rating out of 10: 10

Player of the Season: Trippier

Most Improved Player of the Season: So many here. Over the course of the whole season probably Willock who, if he hadn't have gotten injured, would surely be in the England squad.

Most Disappointing Player: Feels harsh on anyone. Maybe ASM. Started so brightly this season (City and Wolves away) only to be derailed by injury. 

Signing of the Season: Isak. Missed a huge amount, but that insane run of form he had from Wolves at home onwards has turned out to be huge in getting us over the line for CL. 

Goal of the Season: Almiron v Fulham

Assist of the season: Willock to Isak v Spurs

Game of the Season: Toon 6 - 1 Spurs

Moment of the Season: First 20 minutes of the Spurs home game. Lucky enough for this to be have been one of the games I got a ticket for. Never experienced anything like those first 20 mins. 

Manager rating out of 10:  Has to be a 10. I know we have made signings, but I think we all expected/would have accepted upper mid-table, maybe 7th at best, at the start of the season. CL is an insane achievement for Howe and staff. 

Season rating out of 10: 9. If we had won the cup and finished 3rd (where we deserved to) then it would be an easy 10.

Edited by sushimonster85

Player of the Season: Tripps,the glue. 

Most Improved Player of the Season: Miggy 

Most Disappointing Player:Fraser, seems he hasn't bought into the project

Signing of the Season: Pope

Goal of the Season: Miggy v Fulham

Assist of the season: Isak, hard to top that Willock pass but that run was fucking mind boggling

Game of the Season: Dismantling of Spuds

Moment of the Season: securing Champs League

Season rating out of 10: 9.5, didn't quite have the mental fortitude in the final

I'm surprised anyone would've had any real expectations of Fraser, like. Chipped in with some useful performances last season but it was pretty clear that he was never going to make a meaningful contribution this year, imo. Particularly when Miggy finished last season strongly and had a strong pre-season.

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I'm surprised anyone would've had any real expectations of Fraser, like. Chipped in with some useful performances last season but it was pretty clear that he was never going to make a meaningful contribution this year, imo. Particularly when Miggy finished last season strongly and had a strong pre-season.

I just don't think any of the regular group have been disappointing so he's the unlucky one I guess. 

9 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

I liked him a lot at the end of last season. He was ahead of Murphy and had much more to offer. Look at their paths this season and I think you can make a pretty solid case for where Fraser could have got to and how much he could have contributed this season with the right attitude.