Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

Just now, Jaqen said:

Why do so many people want to just take a points deduction for a player they've never even seen play? [emoji38]

Unless your only ambition for that season is to not get relegated then a points deduction is disastrous. 

We've got a decent start to the season too!

Imagine winning a bunch of those games and having 1 point or something ridiculous like that [emoji38]

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would people prefer him to go to Brighton for straight cash, or a swap deal for DCL (assuming both get is out of bother with PSR) ?

Cash without doubt. I don’t want DCL. I don’t see him as the “future”. Also depending on contract he might end up being dead wood that is impossible to get rid of because of wages. I want players that we can rely on in every way possible. Can’t afford to take these risks imo. Yea they might pay off at times but I don’t think it’s worth it. 

5 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Why do so many people want to just take a points deduction for a player they've never even seen play? [emoji38]

Unless your only ambition for that season is to not get relegated then a points deduction is disastrous. 

I also get the feeling that if we got a small points deduction it wouldn't be the end of it as far as negative consequences go. The cartel would come after us even more aggressively and use the points deduction as evidence that we are bad faith actors who have no intention of playing by the rules and find other ways to get at us. Suspect this is why we've been so reluctant to get involved in challenging PSR/FFP.

Edited by Bunk Moreland

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Isak and Bruno are in the side then I'd disagree. 

Honestly don't see why we can't keep all 3. 

I don't see it as 'if we don't sell Minteh then Isak or Bruno has to go'. 

2 minutes ago, midds said:

If it's a priority position then let's at least have a look at the lad that other clubs are supposedly looking at dropping £40m on? Let's make that decision after we've had him for a pre-season and if it costs us 2 or 3 points next year then fair enough. He might just save us shelling out £50m for a RW and that's money we could spend elsewhere? 

We have a gaping hole at RW and this lad may be the answer. I just don't want to move him on before we've had a chance to look at him first. I realise it's a risk with the breach of PSR but I'm not bothered about that shit, I'd quite welcome it tbph. 

I think they have been keeping an eye on him already, and the talk was that he would likely go out on loan again. However, they were going to look at him over preseason to see if he could be a part of the squad, although that was mentioned when we were in with a chance of Europe.

Don't think he's been viewed as a viable starter on the right side at this stage of his development at all.

Just now, mighty__mag said:

I think we'll strike a deal with Southampton for Fraser soon, how long do we have?

A couple of days. The end of the month is the deadline.

Fraser is also not going to get us any kind of significant money.

Just now, Nobody said:

It's annoying we have to sell him so soon, but he was literally bought for this exact purpose. 

Right? :lol: If that's the price Brighton are paying, so be it. Thanks Lil' Yak, appreciate you! :lol: 

Just now, KaKa said:

I think they have been keeping an eye on him already, and the talk was that he would likely go out on loan again. However, they were going to look at him over preseason to see if he could be a part of the squad, although that was mentioned when we were in with a chance of Europe.

Don't think he's been viewed as a viable starter on the right side at this stage of his development at all.

Why on earth do 4 or 5 clubs want him to warm their bench then? You're trying to suggest that all of these clubs are willing to spend £25m+ to warm a bench?

There's clearly a lot of talent there. He plays in an area where we have a distinct lack of ability/product. He could be perfect for us right now 

5 minutes ago, midds said:

Honestly don't see why we can't keep all 3. 

I don't see it as 'if we don't sell Minteh then Isak or Bruno has to go'. 

Tbh I honestly don't get how anyone can be that arsed. If he goes to Brighton then it's basically a transfer of a random player from one random club to another random club, except somehow Newcastle United gets £30million. It's a complete lottery win.

I get that he's in a position where, if we massively upgraded, we'd could potentially kick on. But he's a total unknown quantity. No evidence at all to suggest he's that upgrade. 

As for why we can't keep all three, well we know the answer to that. 

Just now, midds said:

Why on earth do 4 or 5 clubs want him to warm their bench then? You're trying to suggest that all of these clubs are willing to spend £25m+ to warm a bench?

There's clearly a lot of talent there. He plays in an area where we have a distinct lack of ability/product. He could be perfect for us right now 

Because he's a 19 year old talented prospect they can develop.

Brighton have Ferguson sitting on the bench a bunch behind Welbeck, and he's just as big a talent if not moreso.

6 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Nobody has any idea what offers we could receive? Fraser I think will certainly go, Miggy, Wilson, Targett, Anderson, Longstaff,  if offers came in for these, I'm sure we'll be listening.  We've got weeks and weeks of this, I'm sure there's only our fans that think our players are unsellable, but I'll remind you, we shifted out both Shelvey and Wood to Forest.

Fraser will go for nothing, and regardless of what fans know, I doubt there's a long line of clubs (as stupid as Forest) knocking on the door for any of the players you've listed.

We have sellable prospect who hasn't played a second for us with serious interest and we need to sell quick. The club will get him sold for the greater good, and move on - our fans should too. 

3 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm sure I read somewhere 12m was a figure should Southampton take up the move.

Be closer to £12, absolutely zero chance we get 12 million for him.

Edited by SUPERTOON

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm sure I read somewhere 12m was a figure should Southampton take up the move.

12m for Fraser? Come on man 🤣 More like 1,2m if we’re lucky.

Edited by BeloEmre

Just now, Yorkie said:

Tbh I honestly don't get how anyone can be that arsed. If he goes to Brighton then it's basically a transfer of a random player from one random club to another random club, except somehow Newcastle United gets £30million. It's a complete lottery win.

I get that he's in a position where, if we massively upgraded, we'd could potentially kick on. But he's a total unknown quantity. 

As for why we can't keep all three, well we know the answer to that. 

I'm just suggesting that we take a look at him first and make an informed decision about what we do with him. Making the decision tomorrow seems insane to me. Being deducted 3 points but playing him could easily end up with a bigger points total than selling him and playing Almiron all season. 

I just want the club to take a look at him and then make the decision. If it costs us a few points then so be it, I honestly don't care

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

There's nothing to suggest we ever wanted him as to play for us. 

Exactly. 

If he goes on to have a good career, then us living with the regret of that not happening in a Newcastle shirt is the collateral damage you take when playing this game. But ultimately he was never ours.

Just now, midds said:

I'm just suggesting that we take a look at him first and make an informed decision about what we do with him. Making the decision tomorrow seems insane to me. Being deducted 3 points but playing him could easily end up with a bigger points total than selling him and playing Almiron all season. 

I just want the club to take a look at him and then make the decision. If it costs us a few points then so be it, I honestly don't care

I'm guessing he's been well monitored and what if it's more than 3points ?

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Because he's a 19 year old talented prospect they can develop.

Brighton have Ferguson sitting on the bench a bunch behind Welbeck, and he's just as big a talent if not moreso.

And so can we. Especially when our RW id the very area of the first XI that is in desperate need of upgrading. He's worth the risk imo. If you don't agree then that's fine too.