Yankuba Minteh

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

Minteh has CL experience. Miley played 3 times Minteh played 4 

34 minutes ago, OverThere said:

We should clear the dead wood first before even considering selling our top prospect.

thats gonna be real difficult to do.

think the dead wood deals will be done right at the end of the transfer window when buying and selling clubs start to get desperate.

1 hour ago, madras said:

Sorry like, that's what a mate says, you're mate might be a Dutch Merson You're supposed to be our resident expert on all things Orange.

You're sacked !

;D

:lol:

I told my mate I think he's being harsh calling him a headless chicken based on what I've seen. The boy is clearly very talented, but he's not 40m talented.

Minteh's Feyenoord season at 19 is one of those that puts him in genuine wonderkid territory. He didn't dominate the league but he was very impressive. The next step is dominating that league or looking the business in the Championship type level.

He looks to have a high-ceiling.

FWIW Liverpool were signing Gordon a couple of weeks a go, Ederson was signed last week. Could some members if the media be adding Slot/Liverpool and Minteh together and making up their own result ?

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

:lol:

I told my mate I think he's being harsh calling him a headless chicken based on what I've seen. The boy is clearly very talented, but he's not 40m talented.

When did he say that. From what I saw he was much more like that early season and he's came on loads since Christmas. I'm sure there was a story (could just be that) that he had been a bit "unprofessional" off the pitch but seemed like someone had a word and he developed a different attitude.

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Minteh's Feyenoord season at 19 is one of those that puts him in genuine wonderkid territory. He didn't dominate the league but he was very impressive. The next step is dominating that league or looking the business in the Championship type level.

He looks to have a high-ceiling.

You rate Championship higher than Eredivisie and first round Champions League? From what I've seen this kid would be wasting his time playing the likes of Sunderland week in week out.

15 hours ago, gdm said:

The stats and the eye test backup that his ceiling is crazy high.

Lik he has everything except aerial threat and a right-foot. Can pass, shoot, dribble into space, dribble tight, athletic, gets back. At 19 he has another level to go physically alone.

He's positioned the way Olise or Eze were 3-5 years ago.IMO the only reason to sell him is if it meant we wouldn't have to sell crown jewels.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

When did he say that. From what I saw he was much more like that early season and he's came on loads since Christmas. I'm sure there was a story (could just be that) that he had been a bit "unprofessional" off the pitch but seemed like someone had a word and he developed a different attitude.

When he commented on Liverpool's supposed interest in him earlier this week.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

You rate Championship higher than Eredivisie and first round Champions League? From what I've seen this kid would be wasting his time playing the likes of Sunderland week in week out.

My post doesn't suggest that. But to answer your question we've seen more young players do well in the Champ and go onto do well in the PL than the Eredivisie in recent years. Bowen, Eze, Olise, Maddison, Wharton, Mount, lad at Forest, lad at Spurs from Forest & James did well in the Champ. 

I just want to see him dominate Eredivisie or a league like the Champ. I would prefer him to stay in Holland for his own comfort than move away to play in the Champo.

I would like him to stay and get minutes in the PL. But we know Eddie....

55 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The lad might turn out to be a cracking player, but I do enjoy Champ Man crack in real life :)

Wonder what his hidden stats are?

Back in the day - you would hear of players but not see much of them. Now you can watch enough comps and read enough comps to get the feel of a player. At 19, the lad definitely has talent and already proven he can be productive in a decent league.

But what level he ends up at is hard to predict. His physical profile and output at his age would suggest a higher ceiling than someone like Adam Armstrong. He looks better at 19 than Anthony Gordon did at 20.

But then so did Fabio Carvalho who has struggled a bit.

The biggest obstacle for me when assessing if a player can make the step up from a league like the Eredivisie is if they have the physicality needed and can handle the higher tempo. In general players coming from Holland are usually very good technically. Minteh looks strong, works hard and is fast as fuck. Got no doubt he can make the step up.

Good. I'm more than happy to give him a pre-season here and he might just be the RW we're looking for, there's got to be a reasonable chance that he could save us a fortune this summer and we can look at other areas because he's come into the squad and hit the ground running. He can learn the system over the summer and only be asked to play a game a week next year, could be exactly what we're after, just his pace alone will have a few LBs worried and that should leave more space for others

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Miley is absolutely worth more than Minteh at present.  Miley has PL and CL experience, and has an English passport. 

Minteh’s numbers aren’t ‘elite’.  They’re elite … in Holland. 

🤣 Miley will at best be below an average PL player when his career is over. Worse than Longstaff.

5 hours ago, madras said:

FWIW Liverpool were signing Gordon a couple of weeks a go, Ederson was signed last week. Could some members if the media be adding Slot/Liverpool and Minteh together and making up their own result ?

IMG_3778.thumb.png.e346a668df415a3562fdbff01d4a2c9e.png

The only reasons I can think of to sell now are that we have our backs to wall with PSR and/or we (or Eddie) don't rate him highly enough to play at all.

Those things notwithstanding, if we (or Eddie) fancy someone else, it's in our interests to give him a season and increase his value to sell him and fund who we actually want.

Could the lad from Arsenal we are after in the same position be Minteh's replacement? Perhaps the plan is to flog Almiron and Minteh and go big on an elite RW. 

21 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

🤣 Miley will at best be below an average PL player when his career is over. Worse than Longstaff.

What a load of rubbish :lol:

Posted (edited)

Just wait and see. Pretty certain that nothing has or will be decided regarding Minteh until preseason or after. Also not sure why people think we’d be getting 40m. No chance! 

Edited by Ikon