Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

1 minute ago, Zero said:

the question should be what the fuck the club was doing since January?

in fact I wonder whether Howe has been consulted for this transfer.

What? We had 70m hole who would you have sold  to cover it?

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

Nah, keep this open. One of the worst decision made ever, rightly to be remembered as a lesson to be learnt

That might be one of the most overdramatic things I've read on here :lol:

2 minutes ago, Donut said:

Small club mentality this post. We are so much more than that now. And this won't be the last time a young talent is moved on for massive profit. Get used to it mate. 

Murphy starting. What a big club we are now.

I am fine with the Anderson sales because we have enough cover for that position. 

Minteh now looks like our best RW if we have kept him. He should be starting today. 

Absolutely horrendous. Go watch Brightons replay and judge yourself 

4 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

We've got a game on lads, fuck you all discussing a player that never even pulled the shirt on?

Bunch of sad plastics who just want to moan - they’re all over instagram and Twitter too. Nothing like getting behind your team and club is there!

1 hour ago, Zero said:

I am fine with the Anderson sales because we have enough cover for that position. 

Minteh now looks like our best RW if we have kept him. He should be starting today. 

what was the alternative?

1 hour ago, Zero said:

the question should be what the fuck the club was doing since January?

in fact I wonder whether Howe has been consulted for this transfer.

we sold a starting RW to Brighton who is MOM the first half, creating a great assist. No matter what you say 35m euro is fucking idiotic price.

and we are starting Murphy. Jesus

Why were you watching Everton-Brighton?

During that intense game, when we were under a lot of pressure, someone was complaining in the Minteh thread? It's good to know where your priorities lie. @Zero 

I still hope Minteh does well in his career and reaches the top, however I will not whinge or blame the board for selling him.

This board brought us from the bottom of the league to the top four in a year and a half, a cup final, and some world-class players. They're not perfect, and they've made mistakes, but they've made them because they want to be the best, not just to stay in the Premier League, like Ashely.

Whinging at the Club for this mistake is embarrassing, to say the least. A true NUFC supporter wouldn't go over the top about this. Surely not.

People have had their whinge, it's time to move on.

1 minute ago, tarie4 said:

During that intense game, when we were under a lot of pressure, someone was complaining in the Minteh thread? It's good to know where your priorities lie. @Zero 

I still hope Minteh does well in his career and reaches the top, however I will not whinge or blame the board for selling him.

This board brought us from the bottom of the league to the top four in a year and a half, a cup final, and some world-class players. They're not perfect, and they've made mistakes, but they've made them because they want to be the best, not just to stay in the Premier League, like Ashely.

Whinging at the Club for this mistake is embarrassing, to say the least. A true NUFC supporter wouldn't go over the top about this. Surely not.

People have had their whinge, it's time to move on.

Honestly think these are "new" fans. Or just fans incapable of being happy

1 hour ago, PauloGeordio said:

Let him go. Lock the thread.

It’s 2032, and at the age of 28, Minteh hits a double digit season and this thread is bumped with cries of what if. 

‘Newcastle have won the league by that time’ 

Anyone complaining about the Minteh sale needs to suggest what should've been done instead to plug the massive hole in our finances. 

Realistically done too, ie no bollocks about "sell Almiron" when no fucker wants him and he won't go to Saudi. 

It was Minteh, or a purple. If you think selling Minteh was wrong, we need to know which of Gordon, Isak or Bruno you'd have sold instead. We were in a corner.

Edited by Chris_R

3 minutes ago, HayDen Traces said:

Honestly think these are "new" fans. Or just fans incapable of being happy

"New" fan who has soon been 20 years on the forum.

4 hours ago, Zero said:

Who else would you have sold, the club clearly didn't want to sell Minteh or Anderson for that matter. You're blaming the club for rules in place to help a corrupt league protect 6 greedy scumbag clubs.

Aye, we should or could have made better decisions in hindsight the previous 3 years, but i bet we wouldn't be the side we are now.

Edited by Bimpy474

Can say what you want about Elliott Anderson. I liked him personally but I can see the merit in selling him. It's just that in the PSR sequence we somehow ended up losing a very promising RW and ending up with Odysseas Vlachodimos for a reportedly strangely high price. That's always going to be disappointing however you frame it.

Edited by Skeletor