Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Beginning to rethink my whole lock the thread stance. Quite possibly the most insufferably emo thread N-O has ever produced. :lol:

[emoji38] we just need to sign a right winger that assists and scores and it’ll fast be forgotten about. If we stick with Almiron it’ll be a brutal thread 

2 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Beginning to rethink my whole lock the thread stance. Quite possibly the most insufferably emo thread N-O has ever produced. :lol:

You aint seen nothing yet. Just wait til Billy Elliot knocks us out of the cup, starts tearing it up for Nottingham Forest and starts getting talked about for an England call...

2 minutes ago, toontownman said:

You aint seen nothing yet. Just wait til Billy Elliot knocks us out of the cup, starts tearing it up for Nottingham Forest and starts getting talked about for an England call...

don’t think anyone is too bothered because we are stacked in midfield with genuine top 4 quality. Even Miley overtook Anderson in the pecking order. The issue is and will be till it changes is Minteh looks real quality and proving it while our RW options are Almiron and Murphy. Sign a RW and people will be less bothered 

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Ffs please lock this god damn thread. One assist adds around 20 pages to this thread.

Just don’t open the thread. If my dad was ploughing my maw I wouldn’t open their bedroom door for a peek ffs 

edit: they are well in to their 70s so fair play if they are still at it but point still stands. If you don’t like the thread don’t click on it. The moaning about the thread is more annoying than the thread 

Edited by gdm

39 minutes ago, Beren said:

What happened at the end of the move on 33 seconds :lol:

Absolutely stupid editing but I can quite confidently say nothing good. :lol:

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Just don’t open the thread. If my dad was ploughing my maw I wouldn’t open their bedroom door for a peek ffs 

But this thread is the equivalent of them doing it in the living room. 

I would prefer if they just didn't. This thread gives you brain cancer. 

1 minute ago, NobbySolano said:

Is it tho. Think of clicking the thread on the same lines as opening the door. You might know they are doing it but you sure as fuck don’t want to see it so don’t open that door (click on the thread) 

6 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Agreed - every time we sell someone it’s like a public trial. Well people need to get used to it cos it’s going to happen a lot more, players come and go.

Or just don't do it when the kids are in the other room. It's not about opening the door (this is my first time this thread since he was sold). Maybe if you kept it quiet people wouldn't have to knock on it and tell you to shut up.

And really only reason to open this thread is because it leaks to other threads and this gets constantly bumped. 

Are there ways to pin threads to the bottom instead of the top?

2 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

Or just don't do it when the kids are in the other room. It's not about opening the door (this is my first time this thread since he was sold). Maybe if you kept it quiet people wouldn't have to knock on it and tell you to shut up.

And really only reason to open this thread is because it leaks to other threads and this gets constantly bumped. 

Or hide

7 minutes ago, NobbySolano said:

if people want to discuss this then that’s up to them. There are plenty threads on this forum I’ve no interest in, I don’t click them and it doesn’t impact me in the slightest. 

it’s the weirdest thing moaning about a thread you don’t have to read. I just don’t understand the mentality. Don’t click the thread and you won’t see what’s being said but deep down you hate that Minteh was sold and you have to click on it….then moan about it. 

for example if we lose I’ll not open the match thread as it’ll likely be negative and we lost so what’s the point I personally don’t want to dwell on a defeat. The thread is there, many people are happy discussing the loss and I’m blissfully unaware of what’s in the thread. The Minteh thread is no different. No disrespect to anyone but people need to grow up about what threads there are etc. clicking on them is a choice 

just ignore the thread it’s not that difficult. 

Edited by gdm

18 minutes ago, gdm said:

edit: they are well in to their 70s so fair play if they are still at it but point still stands. If you don’t like the thread don’t click on it. The moaning about the thread is more annoying than the thread 

gave me a good laugh

11 minutes ago, gdm said:

if people want to discuss this then that’s up to them. There are plenty threads on this forum I’ve no interest in, I don’t click them and it doesn’t impact me in the slightest. 

it’s the weirdest thing moaning about a thread you don’t have to read. I just don’t understand the mentality. Don’t click the thread and you won’t see what’s being said but deep down you hate that Minteh was sold and you have to click on it….then moan about it. 

for example if we lose I’ll not open the match thread as it’ll likely be negative and we lost so what’s the point I personally don’t want to dwell on a defeat. The thread is there, many people are happy discussing the loss and I’m blissfully unaware of what’s in the thread. The Minteh thread is no different. No disrespect to anyone but people need to grow up about what threads there are etc. clicking on them is a choice 

just ignore the thread it’s not that difficult. 

Honestly I don't think we disagree. I don't normally open this thread and only got here by mistake. It's more about the whining to be honest.

I'd be happy to discuss the merits or deficiencies in his game and performance like any other player.

But that's not what thread is about. It's just whining. Mostly by the same posters. And then it leaks to other threads. 

Agree with not opening it. And I appreciate the comment on game threads but wouldn't it be better if people were not bed wetters and we could enjoy a game discussion even when we lose?

6 hours ago, gdm said:

[emoji38] we just need to sign a right winger that assists and scores and it’ll fast be forgotten about. If we stick with Almiron it’ll be a brutal thread 

Ironically Feyenoord played two widemen they already had on their books last season on Sunday, won 5-1, both scored. Who needs Minteh?

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine if Minteh just turns out to be an average to shite Premiership forward like "we absolutely have to sign 'em!" Cornet, Sarr and Dennis?

Wayne Routledge 

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Imagine if Minteh just turns out to be an average to shite Premiership forward like "we absolutely have to sign 'em!" Cornet, Sarr and Dennis?

Then by all means keep bumping the thread, I'm sure every last one of us will enjoy revelling in the filthy lucre we sponged from this deal. :lol:

6 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Ironically Feyenoord played two widemen they already had on their books last season on Sunday, won 5-1, both scored. Who needs Minteh?

Drew their first game at home versus a newly promoted side if you want to play that game. Needed Minteh then ;) 

Just opened a 1 hot take about every club from the opening weekend article to see what it said about us and I only got this far:

5. Brighton & Hove Albion

Result: 3-0 win away to Everton
Hot take: Yankuba Minteh is already one of the league's best wingers

It's a real shame that Yankuba Minteh's Premier League debut ended after only 45 minutes, but by golly what a 45 minutes they were.

The 20-year-old tore Everton apart on Brighton's way to an emphatic 3-0 victory, and the world should be hoping for a speedy recovery so we can all watch him some more.

The kid is special. The Seagulls have done it again.