Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

Just opened a 1 hot take about every club from the opening weekend article to see what it said about us and I only got this far:

suicide GIF

Feels like it's been overdone like given i) he was lively, but he still looked unpolished in the final third ii) Adringa came on and did an equally impressive job.

He looks as though he has bags of potential though, shame we had to flog him.

31 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Feels like it's been overdone like given i) he was lively, but he still looked unpolished in the final third ii) Adringa came on and did an equally impressive job.

He looks as though he has bags of potential though, shame we had to flog him.

We made 28 million profit in 12 months on him. This is what we needed to do to satisfy PSR. Whether he is great is irrelevant. We had to sell someone and our only other saleable assets are our first team players. This is going to be a common theme. Hopefully we don't fuck up as much as Chelsea and see top tier players like De Bruyne and Salah leave and then become some of the best players in world football. 

38 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

We made 28 million profit in 12 months on him. This is what we needed to do to satisfy PSR. Whether he is great is irrelevant. We had to sell someone and our only other saleable assets are our first team players. This is going to be a common theme. Hopefully we don't fuck up as much as Chelsea and see top tier players like De Bruyne and Salah leave and then become some of the best players in world football. 

Time will tell. Villa sold at least one saleable asset from their first team btw. It will happen eventually and may be for the greater good.

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Stop being so reasonable

On 19/08/2024 at 23:05, gdm said:

Carragher has him as player to watch and that we will rue selling him.

i know Jamie I know 

yes but we got to keep Isak, Gordon and Bruno

#perspective

30 years from now people will going "Ah man, remember when Keegan had the chance to sign Zidane Minteh and he didn't"

Edited by OCK

A lot of the stuff in here is being posted by people that don’t want to talk about Minteh but are trying to convince themselves that he’s not that good or it was always the plan to sell him :lol:

37 minutes ago, gdm said:

A lot of the stuff in here is being posted by people that don’t want to talk about Minteh but are trying to convince themselves that he’s not that good or it was always the plan to sell him :lol:

I don't really care how good he becomes. Points deduction could've been devastating to us and forcing us to sell the real purples at cut prices next January or summer. It's sad that selling him was the best option to deal with that but that is how it played out in the end.

Edited by Pata

Just now, Pata said:

I don't really care how good he becomes. Points deduction could've been devastating to us and forcing us to sell the real purples at cut prices next January or summer. It's sad that in the end selling him was the best option to deal with that but that is how it played out in the end.

And that’s the correct way to look at it. Can appreciate how the kid does and have a twinge of regret but ultimately it was for the best. 

If I buy a Brighton kit with Minteh on the back of it, and start to enjoy any success that he has, maybe I'll get over it quicker.

Edited by Erikse

26 minutes ago, OCK said:

Brighton Fans will never love 'im, like we loved 'im

Already preparing a song for him that we can use next time we play Brighton?

Edited by Erikse

47 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't really care how good he becomes. Points deduction could've been devastating to us and forcing us to sell the real purples at cut prices next January or summer. It's sad that selling him was the best option to deal with that but that is how it played out in the end.

There’s also no guarantee that he’d have got the opportunities to show what he could do in the premier league with us.

likely trajectory was another loan and probably a sale next summer.

bit like Gordon wouldn’t be the same player if he’d stayed at Everton

20 minutes ago, Scoot said:

This topic is just constantly at the top. 

He's gone, forger about him ffs! [emoji38]

It’s largely at the top coz of posts like this :lol: ironically 

9 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

likely trajectory was another loan

No chance. We can’t afford a winger he’d have been playing for us