Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

5 minutes ago, Zero said:

You got it the opposite. For long term good we should give up Joelinton etc and keep Minteh I.E. those value will keep on increasing. What we did is targeting short term league finish which is opposite to what club under PSR should have done 

Cool, and I think we should’ve signed Conor Gallagher, but it’s not really relevant.

I’ll trust the folks with actual knowledge of our financial position and PSR constraints to know best. :thup: 

1 minute ago, healthyaddiction said:

Having a shot deflect to a teammate doesn't count as an assist does it?

If a player scores after a keeper save then the first shooter gets an assist.

8 minutes ago, healthyaddiction said:

Glad we can agree I'm right. ;)

Depends what you're right about. I don't think you're going to convince anyone on Team Minteh that he didn't create another goal.

Attempting to judge if selling Minteh was a good decision based on a game by game analysis of his performances is stupidity. 

Minteh is 20 years old with masses of potential and ability to add value today. That’s always been the issue here.  We’ve sold someone who has potential to be worth twice what we sold him for in 2-3 years. And he would add value to the playing team.  

When we sold Carroll, Liverpool were desperate buyers. In terms of the actual fee We knew we got a premium. He wasn’t worth £35m at the time - Liverpool were the only club in the world that would pay close to that. And it would be likely he would never be worth the £35m. 

This is different.  We already know we had a better offer.  The buying club hopes/expects to sell him for more than they bought him for. It’s like buying Olise or Eze 4 years ago for £8m then acting like it’s great business to sell them for £30m a year or two later. When they’ve got a real possibility of being worth £60m in another 1 or 2 years of development. Thats bad business. 

Further compounded by the fact he plays in our weakest outfield position and he would be pushing to start.  

The mess we got ourselves in meant we had to sell him aye. That will never change. But having to sell our brightest young prospect, who the club expect to go onto bigger and better things then £30m at Brighton will always be one of the first big red flags of the PIF era.  

In retrospect I wish we sold him to a PIF Saudi team. The highest bid was from Lille at around £40m, that’s FMV. Get him back on loan for 2 seasons and see how he develops.  

As a fan of the boy.  I think he’s made a positive start. Looks a bit raw. But presses well. Uses his right foot more than I anticipated.  He took a lovely touch with his right foot to setup his shot before the equaliser. He’s a real handful for fullbacks. Brighton get him 1v1 VERY regularly. It’s clearly a tactic to prioritise a particular winger and wing play in general.  Mitoma had lots of the ball against Arsenal, Minteh had loads of the ball against Man U.  

The quality of his final ball is very good. Put in some lush crosses from open play and set pieces. Shown some good movement.  You can tell he still has room to grow physically. A little stronger, faster.  He’s given Dalot and Timber tough matches and had some joy against both but ultimately they had the upper hand. So he should know he has got a way to go. He looks to be in a fantastic setup. He’s getting 70+ minutes a week in the PL, in an attacking side who look to get him the ball 1v1, modest expectations. Just 20 man. 

46 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Attempting to judge if selling Minteh was a good decision based on a game by game analysis of his performances is stupidity. 

Minteh is 20 years old with masses of potential and ability to add value today. That’s always been the issue here.  We’ve sold someone who has potential to be worth twice what we sold him for in 2-3 years. And he would add value to the playing team.  

When we sold Carroll, Liverpool were desperate buyers. In terms of the actual fee We knew we got a premium. He wasn’t worth £35m at the time - Liverpool were the only club in the world that would pay close to that. And it would be likely he would never be worth the £35m. 

This is different.  We already know we had a better offer.  The buying club hopes/expects to sell him for more than they bought him for. It’s like buying Olise or Eze 4 years ago for £8m then acting like it’s great business to sell them for £30m a year or two later. When they’ve got a real possibility of being worth £60m in another 1 or 2 years of development. Thats bad business. 

Further compounded by the fact he plays in our weakest outfield position and he would be pushing to start.  

The mess we got ourselves in meant we had to sell him aye. That will never change. But having to sell our brightest young prospect, who the club expect to go onto bigger and better things then £30m at Brighton will always be one of the first big red flags of the PIF era.  

In retrospect I wish we sold him to a PIF Saudi team. The highest bid was from Lille at around £40m, that’s FMV. Get him back on loan for 2 seasons and see how he develops.  

As a fan of the boy.  I think he’s made a positive start. Looks a bit raw. But presses well. Uses his right foot more than I anticipated.  He took a lovely touch with his right foot to setup his shot before the equaliser. He’s a real handful for fullbacks. Brighton get him 1v1 VERY regularly. It’s clearly a tactic to prioritise a particular winger and wing play in general.  Mitoma had lots of the ball against Arsenal, Minteh had loads of the ball against Man U.  

The quality of his final ball is very good. Put in some lush crosses from open play and set pieces. Shown some good movement.  You can tell he still has room to grow physically. A little stronger, faster.  He’s given Dalot and Timber tough matches and had some joy against both but ultimately they had the upper hand. So he should know he has got a way to go. He looks to be in a fantastic setup. He’s getting 70+ minutes a week in the PL, in an attacking side who look to get him the ball 1v1, modest expectations. Just 20 man. 

You are right Minteh and Anderson are two players that will play in Europe before our lads if we don’t start pulling our fingers out of our arses.

Both need to have huge sell on clauses because both are going to have a huge price tag in coming years.

minteh is still rough around the edges. But at 20. He shows great potential.

Anderson is now in his favoured position and will literally go from strength to strength