Yankuba Minteh (on loan at Feyenoord)

Just now, Unbelievable said:

I have none. NUFC has been my team since I lived there in my mid to late twenties and had a season ticket for the 2004/5 and 2005/6 seasons.

I always had a soft spot for Willem II for some reason dating way back to the early 00s

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

First I’ve ever heard of that, but fair enough if that happened. Such behaviour is not on.

They’re my local team (well, Sparta is even closer, but local biggish team), but I don’t support them. Coincidentally it was the aggressiveness of the supporters towards opponent players that put me off them when I went to a few games as a student having moved to Rotterdam.

No worries mate, I won't hold it against you :lol:

Fwiw, most of the Dutch fans we/I came across back then were class overall. Think we had some Breda fans turning up on trips here for years after. Plus the PSV link with Bobby Robson etc. It's what made Feyenoord stand out even more. So it was really weird to see people going gooey over us having a relationship with them. It'd be like people having that warmth for Everton.

Edited by 80

1 hour ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Maybe Shola was only able to work with what he had... 

I mean two years ago this kid would be our main summer signing and Shola would be looking to loans untested kids to non league or division 2 teams.

That cunt has had people making excuses for him his whole life.

2 hours ago, Bimpy474 said:

Do any of you really believe the utter arse gravyness spewed about Shola, i mean his football ability aside and the Ashley coin being taken.

Do you actually think that Dan Ashworth and the rest of the now very professional members of our now superbly run club, look as Shola and think, he's doing a crap job but we'll leave him in place to bumble along. While we go about getting this club to very top, we'll leave a village idiot in charge of a very important job, or leave him in his role and just bypass him ? He'd be gone ffs, jettisoned in the abyss, so to speak.

You actually think Ashworth, Eales, and the rest of them haven't looked at Shola, vetted and  interviewed him when they did a full review of the club from top to bottom, and then LEFT him in the clearly vital role to our future because he's useless ?  Or maybe they actually think he will do a great job ?  I suppose time will tell, but by christ the utter pap about what he does in his job is mental.

It doesn't even have to be that clear cut. If he works hard and gets on with everyone he interacts with on a day to day basis they might just think he's a perfect candidate already in place as he know everyone within the club and is someone they can easily mould into a loan manager that meets their expectations if he doesn't already. 

I'm able to look past Lascelles backing of Ashley at this point. I think everyone still within the club including Shola deserves the same chance.

• 3 weeks later...

Was watching his highlights video again over the weekend, looks raw, but like he's already capable of causing mayhem in a cameo appearance. Very powerful and direct, and got some great footwork to get past people.