Yankuba Minteh: undergoing medical ahead of £33M move to Brighton & Hove Albion (Various)

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Who says we need help or how much? Papers? Shit stirring journos protecting the top 6? 

If we are in the soup, then the action was not to buy Barnes. 

If we’re £30m in the hole, then buying Barnes didn’t make much of a difference

Just now, STM said:

Looks like it's Brighton for 30m.

That would be great for him, really really great.

Hope we included some add-ons on top of that, because Brighton are far more likely to bring him along and develop him well.

3 minutes ago, STM said:

Looks like it's Brighton for 30m.

That wouldn’t annoy me as much as Everton, Brighton have history of being through players, as long as we have a sell on I’m happy with it. 

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

That would be great for him, really really great.

Hope we included some add-ons on top of that, because Brighton are far more likely to bring him along and develop him well.

Good move for him.

He looks like he could be one of those players who frustrates and excels in equal measure, but Brighton will be patient and provide him with the right coaching.

Edited by The Prophet

I don’t see why we aren’t just taking the points deduction instead of messing about trying to shift players at the last minute.

If we think this is great business and will allow us to spend more money then that’s great, but this clearly about balancing the books, which is just wrong. Take the sanction and argue the case at the appeal. There’s weight in the argument that don’t have anyone to sell and the rules are just not practical for a team trying to rise up the league 

1 minute ago, nufcnick said:

That wouldn’t annoy me as much as Everton, Brighton have history of being through players, as long as we have a sell on I’m happy with it. 

Add-ons and a sell on percentage would be pretty key, if he's going to Brighton. 

Could benefit massively from that in the long run.

Just now, andyc35i said:

I don’t see why we aren’t just taking the points deduction instead of messing about trying to shift players at the last minute.

If we think this is great business and will allow us to spend more money then that’s great, but this clearly about balancing the books, which is just wrong. Take the sanction and argue the case at the appeal. There’s weight in the argument that don’t have anyone to sell and the rules are just not practical for a team trying to rise up the league 

I’d be surprised if PIF are happy at all re a rules breach.  They’ve clearly been keen to play nicely with the rules from day one. 

Going off that, I'd assume he was always a Brighton target, and one we took up because Ashworth advised. 

Think we'd be mad to sell, should be offloading others first for the sake of raising 30m.

Edited by mighty__mag

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Good move for him.

He looks like he could be one of those players who frustrates and excels in equal measure, but Brighton will be patient and provide him with the right coaching.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Add-ons and a sell on percentage would be pretty key, if he's going to Brighton. 

Could benefit massively from that in the long run.

If we need to sell for PSR, then I very much doubt Brighton would insert a sell-on clause.  We’re the desperate ones - we’d have no leverage

2 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

Minteh isn't worth a points deduction that could cost us European football.

We can only guess what PIF's current strategy is, but a PSR breach will almost certainly result in a points deduction of some form.

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Going off that, I'd assume he was always a Brighton target, and one we took up because Ashworth advised. 

Think we'd be mad to sell, should be offloading others first for the sake if raising 30m.

100% disagree, hrs an unknown entity, we might lose out long term but we lose out on something we've never had, in Eddie I trust.

3 minutes ago, andyc35i said:

It’s already hard enough to get champions league football, getting a points deduction would make it almost impossible before a ball is kicked.

Brighton are one of the few clubs I like in English football other than Newcastle. Having lived down there for a good few years in the past I’m always happy for them to do well as long as it’s not at our expense. In this case it’s obviously a very unfortunate situation for us but whatever, I’m sure we’ll be fine and he will too 

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

If we need to sell for PSR, then I very much doubt Brighton would insert a sell-on clause.  We’re the desperate ones - we’d have no leverage

All depends on how negotiations went.

We'll find out soon enough.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s already hard enough to get champions league football, getting a points deduction would make it almost impossible before a ball is kicked.

Imagine starting the season on minus 10 points man. Screw that.