Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

Just now, midds said:

I'm just suggesting that we take a look at him first and make an informed decision about what we do with him. Making the decision tomorrow seems insane to me. Being deducted 3 points but playing him could easily end up with a bigger points total than selling him and playing Almiron all season. 

I just want the club to take a look at him and then make the decision. If it costs us a few points then so be it, I honestly don't care

We'll agree to disagree. My view is absolutely take the money and fend off the PSR bullshit for another accounting year. Would rather play their game and still beat the cunts than let them have their points deductions.

[This view obviously changes depending on the individual subject of the sale...]

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Exactly. 

If he goes on to have a good career, then us living with the regret of that not happening in a Newcastle shirt is the collateral damage you receive when playing this game. But ultimately he was never ours.

I haven't had any FOMO towards Toney (seems a massive dickhead anyway) and certainly wouldn't if Yak comes good.

1 minute ago, madras said:

I'm guessing he's been well monitored and what if it's more than 3points ?

Not sure how they could take more points away from us than for a similar breach by another team? We'd appeal anyway

4 minutes ago, midds said:

I'm just suggesting that we take a look at him first and make an informed decision about what we do with him. Making the decision tomorrow seems insane to me. Being deducted 3 points but playing him could easily end up with a bigger points total than selling him and playing Almiron all season. 

I just want the club to take a look at him and then make the decision. If it costs us a few points then so be it, I honestly don't care

We'll get someone better which means he wouldn't start anyway, though. We won't be playing Almiron I'm sure.

1 minute ago, midds said:

And so can we. Especially when our RW id the very area of the first XI that is in desperate need of upgrading. He's worth the risk imo. If you don't agree then that's fine too. 

Yeah, we just don't agree on this.

I don't want a points deduction, and I don't want to go into the season wondering if Minteh can cut it as our starter on the right wing.

Just now, Optimistic Nut said:

Go back to the start of the thread and a lot of talk was it'd be a flip and sell for FFP purposes. We couldn't have dreamed that we'd have managed to get to £30m in a year. He's never really been ours. Like @Yorkie says, we've won the lottery really. 

I think the feeling was we would sign young players, if they didn’t look like they had the ability to make the grade then they would be sold but if they did then they would be integrated in to the first team, which is similar to what Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City do.

When we end up with better players than Almiron and Murphy down the right then flipping a highly rated youngster in that position becomes more palatable.

We'll agree to disagree. My view is absolutely take the money and fend off the PSR bullshit for another accounting year. Would rather play their game and still beat the cunts than let them have their points deductions.

[This view obviously changes depending on the individual subject of the sale...]

Absolutely no bother with that chap :)

It's just a pain that he happens to play the exact position that we're most in need of for the first team. That's the kicker for me. If we had a decent RW atm then it's a no-brainer - you move him on. But if we sell him, and he's brilliant and we're stuck with Almiron for yet another year then we'll kick ourselves. I'd rather take the chance - I can't possibly see him as being as poor as Almiron though

But we'll see 

It also becomes easier when the club decide they want to sell for footballing reasons, rather than being forced to because they faced a points deduction if they didn’t due to not managing the finances properly. 

Producing and buying youngsters and flipping them for profit will become the norm.

Off the top of my head Chelsea have moved on Tomori, Guehi, Zouma, Hall, Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Abraham.

City Harwood-Bellis, Zinchenko, Angelino, Luiz, Nmecha and Palmer.

Villa are at it now too.

6 minutes ago, midds said:

Absolutely no bother with that chap :)

It's just a pain that he happens to play the exact position that we're most in need of for the first team. That's the kicker for me. If we had a decent RW atm then it's a no-brainer - you move him on. But if we sell him, and he's brilliant and we're stuck with Almiron for yet another year then we'll kick ourselves. I'd rather take the chance - I can't possibly see him as being as poor as Almiron though

But we'll see 

I’m a bit surprised you don’t have more faith in Howe and his team than that, you can guarantee a close eye has been kept on his performances. If he was deemed to have the potential to be worth keeping (or holding on to until his value increases more) then we’d be attempting to ease our PSR issues by selling a different player.

This was exactly the plan imo, send him out to a sub standard league and then cash in on his hype. 

Also just to make the point, in a full bore press Almiron is far from poor. 

Edited by Nine

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

We'll get someone better which means he wouldn't start anyway, though. We won't be playing Almiron I'm sure.

Well, maybe? We'll just have to see :thup:

Look how much it derailed Everton and Forest's seasons last year, we should be avoiding it at all costs. That shit hangs over clubs like a plague. Imagine the media attention and nonsense we'd get especially.  

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Producing and buying youngsters and flipping them for profit will become the norm.

Off the top of my head Chelsea have moved on Tomori, Guehi, Zouma, Hall, Loftus-Cheek, Mount and Abraham.

City Harwood-Bellis, Zinchenko, Angelino, Luiz, Nmecha and Palmer.

Villa are at it now too.

Were any of them bought or were they all academy players?

A week ago, the idea of receiving £30m for a player who has never played for us - and probably was never going to - would be great news.

It was this morning, too.

But Brighton? Oh man, does that mean we're selling a superstar?  :(

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

Were any of them bought or were they all academy players?

A lot of Chelsea's were bought or produced at academy level. Not sure about the City bunch.

Beside the point though, we'd be seeing a similar response if we were trying to move Anderson on.

Couldn't agree more with what @midds is saying, he must be looked at and given the chance off the back of a very promising loan spell that saw him pick up a trophy at such a young age, and smash all the data/stats for his position.

They'll have to shove their PSR up their arses when City rumble them in court and hand back any deducted points anyway. [emoji38]

1 minute ago, midds said:

Well, maybe? We'll just have to see :thup:

I'm sure that's the plan, if we enquired about Olise, and the statements about RW being a priority, you'd like to hope so.

Selling a decent looking g you ngster is always going to be a bit of a gutter, but if we buy a class RW, who we've scouted for ages, has properly impressed elsewhere, and fits us perfectly (a la Gordon), then even if we kept Minteh his minutes would be limited anyway, especially with no Europe. Getting a decent wedge for him makes sense in this scenario imo. 

We'll be buying other mint.youngsters in the next few years and hopefully long beyond. We're not really missing out in this plan, imo. In fact we're working smart.

Only way we'll catch up.

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I’m a bit surprised you don’t have more faith in Howe and his team than that, you can guarantee a close eye has been kept on his performances. If he was deemed to have the potential to be worth keeping (or holding on to until his value increases more) then we’d be attempting to ease our PSR issues by selling a different player.

This was exactly the plan imo, send him out to a sub standard league and then cash in on his hype. 

This is true but it's foolish to believe that others haven't also been keeping an eye on him too. They'll have watched him and a few of them have clearly liked what they've seen. A winger with sheer,  raw pace can be lethal with a bit of tuning and other clubs are willing to take a punt on him. I just want us to see him first and then make the decision. I just want an informed decision rather than a coin-flip and cross your fingers decision. 

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

A lot of Chelsea's were bought or produced at academy level. Not sure about the City bunch.

Beside the point though, we'd be seeing a similar response if we were trying to move Anderson on.

I’d be delighted if it was Anderson tbh.