Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

15 minutes ago, nufcjmc said:

Couldn't sleep last night and found myself looking at youtube highlight vids on him. Cannot remember him being that good for us in his brief spell before the ban but from footage what a miss he has been. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6zp1uYjuVg&pp=ygUUQ2FudGJ3YWl0IGZvciBzYW5kcm8%3D

That left footed cross field against villa was the moment I knew we had a special player on our hands

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, TBG said:

We'd have won at least 4 trophies this season with him in the side.

Joking aside, I’m confident that an ‘on it’ Tonali would have made a positive difference. Maybe progressing in the Champions League, 4 or 5 points in the league, and perhaps another domestic cup final (or two). 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

What annoys me is that he played left of the midfield 3 too many times. With that passing/crossing ability, you have to have him in that half space around the opposition box, where Longstaff plays.

Do that and Tonali could well get 15 goal contributions, especially with Gordon and Isak bombing in.

5 hours ago, OCK said:

He's coming around mine today, he's keen to learn DOTA2 still. 

Really? Knew I liked him.

Dont let him play against real players though, cant fuck up his confidence even more.

Just now, Displayname said:

Really? Knew I liked him.

Dont let him play against real players though, cant fuck up his confidence even more.

Bots only. No russians. 

Has the situation regarding him playing in friendlies (behind closed doors or otherwise) been figured out yet?  Ideally I'm sure the club would love him to be allowed to play pre season games but I doubt that will be the case.

I believe Chris Waugh said in one of his weekly Q&A’s he’s allowed to take part in behind closed doors friendlies but none otherwise

Posted (edited)

Stolen from NUFC reddit where it was posted with no context

Probably at the walker cargo area?
IMG_20240419_162310.jpg.e082497156e8f6f39e74826d1345ae2a.jpg

He's white and nerdy, lyrics won't leave my brain

Edited by Arknor

22 minutes ago, Arknor said:

Stolen from NUFC reddit where it was posted with no context

Probably at the walker cargo area?
IMG_20240419_162310.jpg.e082497156e8f6f39e74826d1345ae2a.jpg

He's white and nerdy, lyrics won't leave my brain

Sandro meets big Mike junior! 

I doubt they’ll (the club) will invite any unnecessary attention. He’s done his time now, we’ll almost so let’s just bring him back as quietly as possible.

Impossible to know what we’ve missed this season as he was still settling in. Hopefully his head is in a much better place.

Can’t help but think he got wind of this before it blew up on that International break so he must have had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

1 hour ago, Dr Jinx said:

I doubt they’ll (the club) will invite any unnecessary attention. He’s done his time now, we’ll almost so let’s just bring him back as quietly as possible.

Impossible to know what we’ve missed this season as he was still settling in. Hopefully his head is in a much better place.

Can’t help but think he got wind of this before it blew up on that International break so he must have had the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Yea, he had this sad hang dog look on his face which some people thought maybe he wasn't settling in or didn't really want to be there but once the Italian Police contacted him I would imagine his mood turned to worry and unease and that's how he looked in retrospect.

Video of him doing an eating challenge with some of the team. His English is coming on canny and it's nice he's getting involved. 

On 12/08/2023 at 19:42, Ridman said:

What did he get booked for towards the end there?

From his debut [emoji38]

9 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

No

Is that cos he can only play in behind closed door friendlies?

Anyway, happy birthday Sandro

Looking back on his fantastic debut it’s easy to forget how Bruno looked in that setup. Had a disappointing game despite the 5-1 win. 

Cant wait like everyone to have Tonali back asap but really intrigued how EH gets the midfield to work with him and Bruno in it as on paper the potential is fantastic but as Chelsea have found out finding the right blend isn’t easy and it’s arguable they’ve looked better with Enzo injured.

Happy birthday Sandro 🎂