Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Loved his cross field switch with his left to Gordon. Made it look so easy. Might as well have worn slippers and a robe while doing it :lol: Along with some other goodies. Best of it all was the few touches he had in his 3 involvements leading up to Wilson’s goal. Just taking the piss really. So effortlessly, pure football art. 

Tonali is so good, and must have been so good in training, Howe completely ditched his "let them get acclimatised/gel with the team" thing and chucked him in straight away [emoji38]

Wow.

Having watched the first ep of that Amazon Prime show I do feel for Longstaff, but I hope he'll get game time if we are in multiple competitions.

2 minutes ago, Beren said:

Tonali is so good, and must have been so good in training, Howe completely ditched his "let them get acclimatised/gel with the team" thing and chucked him in straight away [emoji38]

Wow.

Having watched the first ep of that Amazon Prime show I do feel for Longstaff, but I hope he'll get game time if we are in multiple competitions.

No need to feel any sympathy for Longstaff - it’s a long season ahead everyone will get their chances including him - I’m just grateful that for once we have some good depth to the squad 

Longstaff - Willock - Anderson - they will all have big roles to play 

10 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

From Jack passback in our midfield to this guy. Life moves fast [emoji38]

Such a joy watching him play. Pure class. 

From talking myself into Hendrick to this, man.

12 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Loved his cross field switch with his left to Gordon. Made it look so easy. Might as well have worn slippers and a robe while doing it :lol: Along with some other goodies. Best of it all was the few touches he had in his 3 involvements leading up to Wilson’s goal. Just taking the piss really. So effortlessly, pure football art. 

His switch out to Barnes was great too, don’t think any of our other players use that technique to switch the ball

20 minutes ago, Scotty66 said:

From Jack passback in our midfield to this guy. Life moves fast [emoji38]

Such a joy watching him play. Pure class. 

He's the mirror opposite of Colback and Shelvey just because he plays the ball and then MOVES. Can you imagine either of them storming into the box to score that goal after setting up the move to begin with?

10 hours ago, Cronky said:

Actually I thought Emery made a complete Horlicks of it today. Reminding his players of their team-mates' serious injury with those t-shirts before kick-off was a particular stroke of genius. He has some very good players, but they looked hesitant and unsure of what they were supposed to be doing half the time.

Think it was persisting with a high line that killed them today tbf. Was a bit weird as the game was probably closer than the score line reflects, but equally if we'd scored another 2 or 3 they could’ve had no complaints.

1 minute ago, RS said:

You can see why people thought he wouldn’t join us. Absolutely world class player. 

I like Lavia and Caicedo but I feel very smug watching clubs battle to pay massive fees for them when we got Sandro and Bruno in for great prices. 

21 minutes ago, Mike said:

From talking myself into Hendrick to this, man.

I remember when he scored on the opening day I think away to WestHam. I thought ok maybe he's actually a good signing, maybe he'll be a good player for us, maybe I should give him a chance? Phahaha

Just now, GEFAFWISP said:

Absolutely loved the 15 or so minutes in the second half where he went full Pirlo and strutted about controlling the tempo of the game. He's magic.

Think his combo of attributes is what makes him so hard to categorise. Great engine and enthusiasm, short passing, long passing, runs into the box, tackling.

He’s got everything and seems to have a really good understanding of what’s needed at different moments. 

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think his combo of attributes is what makes him so hard to categorise. Great engine and enthusiasm, short passing, long passing, runs into the box, tackling.

He’s got everything and seems to have a really good understanding of what’s needed at different moments. 

Yep, though I'm loathe to agree with Kaka (half joke) he nailed it suggesting comparisons with Ambrosini in addition to Gattuso/Pirlo, complete midfielder.