Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Seems like there is a lot of hyperbole around things here. ‘Illegal gambling ring’ makes things sound way more sinister than they are. 

It’s you lads with lots of money and free time gambling, they likely knew they shouldn’t but it’s hardly crime of the century. It’s stupid and if they get a ban they get a ban. 

Don’t think this affects the squad much, he’s hardly been the lynchpin of our good form. Things like the Greenwood situation is much more damaging. 

20 hours ago, Erikse said:

How will anyone be able to prove that Milan knew about it?

He could possibly have emails/texts or digital communication of some sort making Milan aware of his problem/asking for help etc. An investigation could link Milan if there was contact. All assumptions at the minute. 

2 minutes ago, Kanji said:

So the FIGC been on this for 1 or 2 weeks now and they’ve already be able to dole out punishments and accept pleas? Does this not go to court? 

You would assume criminal proceedings and FIGC proceedings are separate and the threshold for one isn’t the same as the other. I imagine the prosecutors will be allowed in to finish their investigation before the FIGC even consider their next steps. Will rumble on for a good while before anything happens. 

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

It's pretty much confirmed at this point that he bet on football. It's not looking good at all tbh.

Always seemed a weird signing from the outset for a host of reasons. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Milan had some knowledge of this.

Where is it “pretty much confirmed”?

Guest reefatoon

Surprised some folks are bothered if he gets banned. He was deemed no use and a shite signing weeks ago by the forum “experts” 

Bit of an exaggeration. Think it was just one or two people saying that.

Had a few iffy half’s alongside some very decent performances too. I’m sure the vast majority of the forum would agree losing him for a significant amount of time would be pretty devastating.

What a summer window this is turning out to be short term.. If Tonali gets suspended or doesn't play now, it's basically just the fullback backups left at this point until Barnes comes back.[emoji38]

Edited by Erikse

54 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

Surprised some folks are bothered if he gets banned. He was deemed no use and a shite signing weeks ago by the forum “experts” 

I'm actually surprisingly calm about it, and I would surely not be if it was Botman, Trippier, Schär, Gordon, Isak, Wilson, Joelinton or Bruno. Longstaff would probably also be a bigger loss for us atm. I think even Almiron being gone would be a bigger blow considering his latest form, the lack of right wingers and also the injury of Barnes. I think Willock will do a better job when he's back than what Tonali has done.

That being said, we literally just spent £55m on him, so ofcourse it hursts. And he hasn't even had the time to settle properly, so we don't know what that would look like. Obviously it could be a huge loss long term. That's hard to tell though.

Edited by Erikse

Will be nigh impossible to prevail against Milan in court, for all it's worth. Would require proving that they had knowledge of his behavior. And short of a text from Tonali saying hey, I'm gambling illegally, can't imagine a way to prove that.

With that said, there is something curious about the timing of this? Just a few months post transfer of a kid who was the pride and joy of Milan, and for a bargain price at the time. Here's hoping it's nothing more than some blackjack, though, and this is all a big nothing story.