Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Hope this is all done for the weekend. Feels mental that we are taking one of Milan’s to players. Mental. 

Szob/Maddison, a left back and some younger players to beef the squad up and I’ll be delighted. 

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Oh it made entire sense for them to leave for something better.

The reality is that Newcastle is something better than Milan and I know that's arrogant considering the size of Milan as an institution but football changes and we are a club on the charge. He will get to play in the best league in the world, earning treble his wages and opportunities are only going to get better for him.

I’m too much a child of the ‘80s and ‘90s.  There is a part of my brain that can’t quite shake off thinking of AC Milan as the world’s grandest football club. 

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Hello everyone, I am a fan of AC Milan and also a casual fan for Newcastle. I obviously know Tonali well. In Italy the fans are very unhappy with the deal but the player is objectively worth much less than the rumored fee. I think Newcastle are betting on his potential. In the Premier League the player he's going to play well and in the Champions League too. You will fall in love for work ethic and commitment on the field. He can play in any role in the midfield: Milan has often played in a 2 men formation in front of the defense, but sporadically he was also put in a more advanced position making important goals. I think it’s a player that you can work on a lot. Enjoy it because the player is strong. 

Edited by Zagreo

He looks like a significant Longstaff upgrade and potential Bruno cover/rotation option to me based on some Youtube scouting. We definitely still need goals in our midfield, excited to see who we go for to provide them (looks like Maddison or Szob).

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Using Maddison as an example

Option 1:

Bruno       Tonali

Miggy        Maddison       Joelinton 

Isak

Option 2:

Tonali

Bruno               Joelinton 

Maddison                              ASM

Isak

Option 3:

Bruno

Tonali                 Willock

Maddison                           Joelinton 

Isak

Options, options, options.

I like option 3. Bellissimo 

Just now, wormy said:

I'm absolutely terrified of a day coming where a signing like this gets like a 5 page thread and a polite clap on completion.

Never happening with us lot, bat shit crazy Newcastle fans 

18 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I think I'm the other way. I blamed Given, Carroll, Enrique etc at the time but with time understood what Ashley's like. 

100% this. Carroll sale broke my heart, and it ended a level of love for football which I'll never get back. It's only be recent since I forgave Given as well. Enrique I was pissed but the goalkeeper thing ended that quite quickly. 

Enrique was fully responsible for his move. It was fair. Given really dropped us in it with timings and Carroll was convinced to leave. It was his decision but the club made him aware they wanted it and would be best for all parties. 

I believe that Milan were formed on the basis of some Sunderland fans wearing their red and white kits down the coal mines and then donating them to the locals.  Hence the red and black stripes, marra.

This is not the story officially, of course, but three erstwhile Sunderland historians know the real story.

With all this talk about our budget, I wasn't expecting us to pay quite so much for one player. I don't know if this means we're going for quality not quantity.

Tonalifan's description of him very much mirrors what you see on You Tube - a real 100%-er, and versatile. 

That's perked me up a bit.