Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

He better tearing it up right from the start , he's basically one of the main reason we can't have a shot at Champions League slot this season

ps: got his jersey right before he got suspended :pilko:

37 minutes ago, gdm said:

Really? I’m sure I read he could. So he can’t even feature in pre season? If that’s the case I can’t see him coming straight back in the side when his ban is up. Probably be 5 or 6 games in before he gets a start 

If we're well ahead from the first leg of a Conference League qualifier (assuming we qualify) then there's no reason he couldn't take part in the second leg on the day his ban expires to get some minutes in, and then sub appearances in the league for a few weeks after that I'd imagine. I'd guess you're right though - it'll be 5-6 league games in before he's ready to start.

12 minutes ago, NG32 said:

Im expecting beast mode in August, with all this training he has done this season.

Hell yeah! If in-house media doesn't do a Tonali 80's training montage then quite frankly they should all be sacked.

26 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I don’t think Howe will throw him straight in. I think he’ll be brought in gradually because of lack of match sharpness. 

couple of closed door friendlies with gateshead and boro should do the trick

5 minutes ago, BergenMagpie said:

Could you not include a link or screenshot? [emoji38] One of my pet hates these kinda posts

I thought I saw it being discussed earlier. Anyway...

Screenshot_20240521_200628_Chrome.jpg

Arse holes. Whether it's true or not, lad has demons and he's done his level best to counter them since. 

Fuck the Torygraph.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Arse holes. Whether it's true or not, lad has demons and he's done his level best to counter them since. 

Fuck the Torygraph.

The full quote allegedly was "losing Sandro fucked us this season".

I know these things are done for clicks, but it's just needless.

43 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I thought I saw it being discussed earlier. Anyway...

Screenshot_20240521_200628_Chrome.jpg

Yea im calling bollox on that, eddie dosent talk like that

Just now, danny said:

Yea im calling bollox on that, eddie dosent talk like that

Might even be the first time he’s seen it judging by his face.

3 minutes ago, christ said:

Might even be the first time he’s seen it judging by his face.

In the whole time hes been here ive only known him to sware once, during the documentary. Having said that i dont doubt in the changing room hes alittle different, but he dosent seem like the kind to cunt off player publicly

It's an anonymous quote from an Athletic article about a month ago, isn't it? They made it sound like it was a member of our coaching staff, as I recall.

I mean, it's not exactly untrue... Let bygones be bygones, but you can't seriously assess how the last 12 months happened at the club without contending with his impact on us.

4 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Where do people see him playing next season when he comes back in, as an 8 or deeper lying?

Right sided 8 - but if Bruno goes I think he might take the Bruno role.

5 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Where do people see him playing next season when he comes back in, as an 8 or deeper lying?

I see him taking Longstaffs place in the team sheet but a totally different role on the pitch with a much more fluid midfield with him and Bruno (hopefully) being able to dove tail each other. Longstaff is very much a RCM which I don't really see being Tonali's role.

17 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

Looking forward to Sandro being back for us.

7 of the games he was canny shit and Longstaff replaced him before the ban.

Expect he will have settled in a bit but let's not go overboard 

1 minute ago, Slim said:

7 of the games he was canny shit and Longstaff replaced him before the ban.

Expect he will have settled in a bit but let's not go overboard 

A bit harsh, unbelievable on his debut, also thought he was our best player against Liverpool (we lost our way when he went off). Was very good against PSG in the champions league as well.