Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Fundamentally not true, of course betting to lose a game he's playing in is a lot worse. Broadly agree with the rest of your post 

I know where you’re coming from - but I was relating it directly to the rest of the post; it is just as bad if you know the opposition will lose.  And Milan do have extensive previous in that regard - I can think of three separate occasions in the past when they’ve been done for it. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I know where you’re coming from - but I was relating it directly to the rest of the post; it is just as bad if you know the opposition will lose.  And Milan do have extensive previous in that regard - I can think of three separate occasions in the past when they’ve been done for it. 

That's such a leap though. Betting on an outcome you're already meant to be striving for doesn't mean he had knowledge that the opponent was going to throw the game 

Guest reefatoon

At first he disgraced us with his little teeth, then it was his disgusting displays on the pitch and now this. Ban him for life.

I can’t stand him, he’s bang out of order and an evil, evil idiot.

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't see how it's £55m down the drain if he's banned for a year. It's hardly the end of his career. 

Agreed, though it is damaging to our season and could potentially cost the club a lot more than the equivalent of one fifth of that transfer fee.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

That's such a leap though. Betting on an outcome you're already meant to be striving for doesn't mean he had knowledge that the opponent was going to throw the game 

Agreed it is a leap, but again he has opened up the possibility of this occurring.  Which is why betting on football matches is banned for professional players.

I’d point to Milan - Brescia in the 92/93 season as an example of this. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Don't see how it's £55m down the drain if he's banned for a year. It's hardly the end of his career. 

Could be up to three years. Not allowed to even train with the team if Toney is anything to go by. I’d like to see how well a player performs after being out for a couple of years, especially one who’s ruined his own career and admits to having a tendency for self destructive addictive behaviour. It’s a massive blow this.

Just now, Zero said:

When was Fagioli first got caught / questioned / investigated? 

if thats before Tonali’s transfer then we have a case to go ahead.

Especially when the FA stepped in to essentially block the Man City Pacqueta deal

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Agreed it is a leap, but again he has opened up the possibility of this occurring.  Which is why betting on football matches is banned for professional players.

I’d point to Milan - Brescia in the 92/93 season as an example of this. 

Just the 7 or so years before old Sandro was born like :lol:

Betting to lose a game you're meant to be trying to win is clearly much worse than betting to win a match you're meant to be trying to win. Forget the hypotheticals about the opposition throwing the match, there's absolutely nowt to suggest that has happened here 

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Could be up to three years. Not allowed to even train with the team if Toney is anything to go by. I’d like to see how well a player performs after being out for a couple of years, especially one who’s ruined his own career and admits to having a tendency for self destructive addictive behaviour. It’s a massive blow this.

Well if he's banned for three years aye, but most reports suggests something a lot more reduced than that. 

I'm doing a cracking job of not commenting on the speculation like I said I wouldn't. 

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Just the 7 or so years before old Sandro was born like :lol:

Betting to lose a game you're meant to be trying to win is clearly much worse than betting to win a match you're meant to be trying to win. Forget the hypotheticals about the opposition throwing the match, there's absolutely nowt to suggest that has happened here 

I know there isn’t - but the point is that you don’t bet on outcomes because it opens up the potentiality of corrupt practice.  Which is why it doesn’t matter if you’ve bet on your team or the opposition. 

Calciopoli was a bit more recent, it’s just that the Milan - Brescia game is a great singular example.