Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Anyone know what the deal is with offences committed abroad rather than in UK? UEFA will make their decision but will that only see him banned for UEFA game? Would the FA have to then make their own judgement? 

So could we conceivably see a ban from UEFA for 7/8 months but then a ban from FA for just 5/6 months?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

If he has bet on his own team, he will be lucky to get just a year long ban.

The other guy got 7 months and it seems he did exactly the same. So you'd hoped it's 7 months MAX.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

If he has bet on his own team, he will be lucky to get just a year long ban.

Hope says up to 12 months, I don't know if thats the limit.

Thank fuck we are loaded and can just sign another CM in Jan if needed.

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

Hope is just rehashing the Italian articles, he’s not providing any new information 

Yep but the point is that he said UP TO 12 months. That's rather specific.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Anyone know what the deal is with offences committed abroad rather than in UK? UEFA will make their decision but will that only see him banned for UEFA game? Would the FA have to then make their own judgement? 

So could we conceivably see a ban from UEFA for 7/8 months but then a ban from FA for just 5/6 months?

If he's bet on football, it'd be a worldwide ban surely. If he hadn't done, it'd have just been whatever the punishment is for illegal gambling in Italian law rather than a football related one. Think he's fecked though from these new reports. 

Tonali long term ban.

Barnes long term injury.

Hall and Livramento subs.

I know a lot of this can't be helped but it's pretty annoying we spent £150 million and still have the same team as last year. Actually worse when you consider the injuries and no ASM.

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Tonali long term ban.

Barnes long term injury.

I know a lot of this can't be helped but it's pretty annoying we spent £150 million and still have the same team as last year. Actually worse when you consider the injuries and no ASM.

Okay I'll bite. What would you have done different?

Highest xG in the league suggest we don't miss ASM, every single of those signings will/has improved us.

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Tonali long term ban.

Barnes long term injury.

Hall and Livramento will show their value re the squad im not concerned about them. Barnes I just unfortunate, can happen to anyone. Tonali is a disaster if he’s banned for a year 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

Just now, Menace said:

Okay I'll bite. What would you have done different?

Highest xG in the league suggest we don't miss ASM, every single of those signings will/has improved us.

We'll be fine as our underlying numbers are still great. But they're great mostly because of players we already had. We have probably missed an opportunity to improve - might cost us over a full season.

I'm not even saying I'd have necessarily done anything different. We've gotten very unlucky with the Barnes and Tonali signings. The other two were and will be good investments.

2 minutes ago, Harry 209 said:

"Tonali made bets on Milan games but not on the result of the team"

What does this mean? That hes bet on things like getting a yellow card or booting it out of play?

That would be spot fixing and and much much worse. Perhaps betting on games where he was out injured? It’s as clear as mud tbh 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

That would be spot fixing and and much much worse. Perhaps betting on games where he was out injured? It’s as clear as mud tbh 

That's exactly it. The reports say he bet on Milan while he was unavailable to play.