NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

14 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Nothing against Maddison but sick of hearing about this everyday for the last year! 

Not sure we are really after him at all TBH, if we were, surely it would be done.  Year left on his contract or not, £50M is still a good price so if we really wanted him, sure we would just pay it.  All media bollocks as they have nothing to go on. 

Looking forward to the alternative we are more than likely working on. 

I think we were absolutely after him, the issue was his valuation + wage demands being a bit ridiculous meant that we have looked elsewhere. There is absolutely better value for money out there than him that the likes of us and the other 13 have to shop around for.

3 minutes ago, Dan Gleebals said:

Looking forward to the alternative we are more than likely working on. 

Same here. Don't think it's Szoboslai neither. Graves and downie tweeting about him as though there's been some kinda development with it. Twitter crowd will be in a frenzy by the end of the day

4 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I'd love for us to quit flirting with Big Dom Szob and just ask him out already.

We are waiting for the clause to expire I would’ve thought. Don’t think we are keen to pay £61m and if we are then not in one lump sum.

2 minutes ago, LFEE said:

We are waiting for the clause to expire I would’ve thought. Don’t think we are keen to pay £61m and if we are then not in one lump sum.

Doesn’t make a difference. Only thing it does is that it sort of forces them to sell if we meet that clause. 

What makes you think they want less than the clause once it expires or are willing to accept payments instead of up front?  Might as well sell him now :lol: Am I missing something?

Edited by Ikon

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Don't think that's going to matter, especially if Leipzig sells Gvardiol to Man City for 100m Euros or so. They'll have no issue with holding out even beyond the July 15 date and as he's 22, I'm guessing Dominik isn't going to kick up a huge fuss yet about staying. We're going to have to pony up to get him. 

32 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Doesn’t make a difference. Only thing it does is that it sort of forces them to sell if we meet that clause. 

What makes you think they want less than the clause once it expires or are willing to accept payments instead of up front?  Might as well sell him now :lol: Am I missing something?

July 1st not the new FFP year? 

1 hour ago, Manxst said:

“The father of rising Turkish star Arda Guler is believed to be asking for a commission fee of at least €18–20 million from Barcelona and Newcastle United to approve a summer transfer.”

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/06/27/barcelona-newcastle-united-told-to-pay-e20-million-in-commission-to-sign-arda-guler/

???

Never a good sign when parents act as agents.

2 hours ago, Manxst said:

“The father of rising Turkish star Arda Guler is believed to be asking for a commission fee of at least €18–20 million from Barcelona and Newcastle United to approve a summer transfer.”

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/06/27/barcelona-newcastle-united-told-to-pay-e20-million-in-commission-to-sign-arda-guler/

???

Surely this is ripe for a brown envelope type deal.