NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

What is “CL good” anyway? We are in the CL on merit, beating teams like Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool over 38 games. Our lack of coefficient will hurt us, but still I wouldn’t be surprised if our current crop of players would make it to round #2, and perhaps even to the knockout stage. There are a few teams obviously better than us, but I’d suggest we’re easily in the top 50% quality of teams qualified for next year’s CL. Obviously we’ve already strengthened CM significantly and with a bit of luck we’ll get a few more good players in, allowing us to stay competitive across multiple competitions, but I’m not at all worried about any lack of “CL level” players. We had about 15 of those on the books already.

Aren’t round 2 and the knockout stage the same thing ?

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

We could still do with another CM. May not be a position we spend loads on, but we still look a man light in there.

Most likely younger guy and not a big name. Same goes to striker, might well get an option there for cheap. Wilson is injured a lot.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Would be surprised if we rely on someone so unproven for such an important role.

Vinicius was an unknown kid when he went to Madrid, he was pretty average his first year there….

Could be a good bet, bring him through slowly, and at 20M it should be good value

7 minutes ago, buzza said:

Vinicius was an unknown kid when he went to Madrid, he was pretty average his first year there….

Could be a good bet, bring him through slowly, and at 20M it should be good value

I know what you mean but unknown kids dont get sold for €45m at 16.

I think it’s more likely that we sign someone unproven like Franca to play as an attacking midfielder that we can bring through rather than going big on a more experienced player, I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t sign another midfielder.

This is separate from a new right winger who will have that level of experience.

7 minutes ago, buzza said:

Yeah I wouldn’t be against signing him, just a bit risky if we are relying on him as our main source of creativity 

Franca, Thuram, Lacroix and the young AZ Alkmaar left back and we strengthen the squad considerably.

Hopefully scousers have shot their load on Szob and we can get Thuram.

Edited by Whitley mag

28 minutes ago, duo said:

Can't see Liverpool having the cash for Thuram as well. No CL football has got to have hit them.

Yes, they dont have unlimited funds like we do. [emoji38]

Edited by kocunar