NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

5 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's one for you.

Chiesa or Diaby?

Chiesa was my dream signing when the takeover happened, but that injury is probably making me lean towards Diaby.

Providing Chiesa hasn't been too affected by his injury, him by a distance.

I have a feeling Diaby would flop in the PL.

I get he has some flaws and it’s not a sexy signing. But fuck me, he has an array of finishes. He can twat it off either foot or be a bit more FIFA RB/R1 finesse finish. 

Considering how wasteful we were in and around the box last season. Either failing to get a shot off or fucking up decent chances. I feel like he could continue his impressive scoring stats for us, if he were to sign. As we do seem to create quite a lot now. 

7 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Think I’d still go Chiesa but basing that solely watching him harass the opposition for Italy. Seems perfect for our style. 

Yeah, if we got the pre ACL Chiesa it's him over pretty much everyone that's realistic imo 

32 minutes ago, Rich said:

If Barnes joins, and the interest in Chiesa is legitimate, would people trade Maxi out for him?

I would. 

But I’d rather have ASM and Chiesa than Barnes I think. 

30 minutes ago, Barnes23 said:

Not sure that it can be argued that Barnes is a bad signing, but he has some real limitations to his game. Very much suits counter-attacking football, I don't see him providing the extra bit of craft that we were lacking against low blocks. 

He really is not something we need. If we are close to FFP limit, there is absolutely no point getting him. We have just got a 40m left winger in January. Yes, we need a strong squad because of the UCL-games and all that, but Barnes is just nothing special. 

Chieasa on to right would make sense tho. 

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Here's one for you.

Chiesa or Diaby?

Chiesa was my dream signing when the takeover happened, but that injury is probably making me lean towards Diaby.

I'd go Chiesa, I think.

Much higher potential and Diaby comes with plenty of question marks too.

Not trying to be an edgelord but I'd swap ASM for Barnes without any caveats. Persisting with Maxi is basically a gamble at this point because his body is broken; meanwhile Barnes guarantees output without the fitness issues or the alleged baggage. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not trying to be an edgelord but I'd swap ASM for Barnes without any caveats. Persisting with Maxi is basically a gamble at this point because his body is broken; meanwhile Barnes guarantees output without the fitness issues or the alleged baggage. 

Nowt edgelord about it. Barnes would be a better fit for us in every single way.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, ponsaelius said:

He really isn't like.

I’d say he is too. Getting a player in that can hit double figures in the wide left position would be a massive upgrade.

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

He really isn't like.

Aye he’s not at all an upgrade on ASM. Ridiculous how easily people forget how much he carried the whole team for 2 seasons. He’s had injuries and trying to change the way he plays that shouldn’t devalue him as a player

(Very) loosely speaking choosing Barnes over Maxi is like choosing Lampard over Zidane.

The games more than just the numbers. 

Barnes isn't gonna worry the best right backs out there but Maxi will have gameplans made specifically for him - that's the difference.

Having said that, Barnes will be a good signing should he come.

2 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Scored more goals last season than Maxi has for us in total.

True but his stats are genuinely awful otherwise. I think Maxi is a far more talented player who offers more creatively and unsettling teams defensively.

I don't mind Barnes as a player but he's the ultimate one trick pony. 

Edited by ponsaelius

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Scored more goals last season than Maxi has for us in total.

So what? How much did maxi drive us up the pitch pretty much all on his own. Let’s not forget Joelinton was missing sitters and longstaff could barely pass the ball and Almiron was almost useless.