NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I really think that potentially Alex Murphy could step up following what I’ve seen so far. If we’re looking to bring in one more signing, I have to say I’d op for a left-back. 

Alex Murphy 

Fabian Schar

Dan Burn

Sven Botman

Jamaal Lascelles 

Matt Target

Kieran Trippier

Tino Lavramento

Edited by Geordie Boyo

3 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I really think that potentially Alex Murphy could step up following what I’ve seen so far. If we’re looking to bring in one more signing, I have to say I’d op for a left-back. 

Alex Murphy 

Fabian Schar

Dan Burn

Sven Botman

Jamaal Lascelles 

Matt Target

Kieran Trippier

Tino Lavramento

More chance of Murphy being used as LB cover than CB cover I would say.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tierney can’t even get a game when Zinchenko isn’t playing. Wouldn’t be surprised to see us revisit a move for him later in the window.

Was just thinking the same, Euros next summer too and Scotland are a virtual certainty to qualify.

9 hours ago, Chris L said:

After seeing highlights from pre season and watching yesterdays game. I really hope we are in for a solid left back. Burn looks very slow and Targett imo was terrible yesterday 

Burn is fine. At the very least he has proven last season that he can perform if he is not fatigued.

Targett on the other hand…I simply don’t think we should take such a risk. A new left back and sell him asap please

Just now, buzza said:

Need a fast centre back for me.

Schar is getting on (niggles?) and Lascelles tries his best but just doesn't make the cut...

Well it's been reported as being a priority and we've been linked with some promising ones so sure we'll see one come in.

On 05/08/2023 at 07:32, Matt1892 said:

Andersen passes the shit house test.

Sign him up.

Well if ever you were going sign a CB who isn't blessed with pace it would be him. :lol:

Can't help but think we should have signed a young up and coming striker to learn from Wilson this season, play a few cup games etc.

I don't think Wilson will be here next year and we do seem a bit light up front, we know Wilson will only feature or be fit for about 70% of the games this year and with the extra ones we have it is a big ask for Isak to run the line for all of them for the majority, I do think he will be first choice.

I just think it would have been a good opportunity to get a young lad in to learn the trade, and get him ready for next season, no idea who but a bit disappointed the scouting team having got anyone in yet.

4 hours ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

He'll be wanting to form a good partnership with his international colleague Anderson by that point too ?

Thought Anderson had binned Scotland no?

1 hour ago, MagMal said:

Can't help but think we should have signed a young up and coming striker to learn from Wilson this season, play a few cup games etc.

I don't think Wilson will be here next year and we do seem a bit light up front, we know Wilson will only feature or be fit for about 70% of the games this year and with the extra ones we have it is a big ask for Isak to run the line for all of them for the majority, I do think he will be first choice.

I just think it would have been a good opportunity to get a young lad in to learn the trade, and get him ready for next season, no idea who but a bit disappointed the scouting team having got anyone in yet.

Balogun

Edited by cubaricho