NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

42 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Not very physical but has a velvet 1st touch and elite technique. Reads the game exceptionally well too. 
Reminds me of Iniesta a bit.

If it wasn’t for his injury a year ago (or so) would have expected him to be playing for RM/Barca already. Looks made for them.

Hearing from a few friends who are West Brom fans that us and Villa have had a bid accepted for Josh Griffiths for around £7m.

Young English goalkeeper. Seems solid enough. They’ve heard rumours about us being interested him all summer but yet to actually hear any rumours about him from our end.

Don’t need any midfield players and the chances are the link is a load shit anyway. I really hope we’re focusing on bringing someone in at left-back. That’s where our priorities are in defence and anyone additionally brought in on top of that is a bonus. 

murphys looking great and almiron has been top scorer along with Anderson in preseason. 

8 minutes ago, Sammys_Tekkers said:

Hearing from a few friends who are West Brom fans that us and Villa have had a bid accepted for Josh Griffiths for around £7m.

Young English goalkeeper. Seems solid enough. They’ve heard rumours about us being interested him all summer but yet to actually hear any rumours about him from our end.

Have been anticipating a link like this one as it makes sense from a homegrown perspective and would be the Livramento/Trippier forward planning but for the GK department.

Allows us to flog Dubravka too.

13 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Guess it's nice we are still being linked with an AM/RW with Wirtz, Chiesa and Zaniolo being linked. We can hope!

Zaniolo is a massive injury risk

Chiesa looks like he might be staying with Allegri possibly using him differently 

I would be shocked if we sign any player over the age of 26/27.

If we sign anyone else, it will follow the same pattern as the rest of our signings since Dan Ashworth came in:

20-25 years old

30-50m

From a side vulnerable to us

Someone not on massive wages currently

I'd also think it would be a defender, at this stage.

Just now, STM said:

I would be shocked if we sign any player over the age of 26/27.

If we sign anyone else, it will follow the same pattern as the rest of our signings since Dan Ashworth came in:

20-25 years old

30-50m

From a side vulnerable to us

Someone not on massive wages currently

I'd also think it would be a defender, at this stage.

Aye, fully agree.

Apply Filter, Search

116 Search Results 

:lol:

Let's get another one in...!

33 minutes ago, Minhosa said:

Have been anticipating a link like this one as it makes sense from a homegrown perspective and would be the Livramento/Trippier forward planning but for the GK department.

Allows us to flog Dubravka too.

Fully expect us to sign a young keeper at some point but if we did bring somebody in of that profile this summer they'd be straight out on loan imo. 

58 minutes ago, Sammys_Tekkers said:

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2023/08/05/sky-sports-pundit-reacts-as-newcastle-ready-bid-for-west-brom-goalkeeper-josh-griffiths/

8 minutes ago, Oregon_Geordie said:

And Tino isn't? Both are young enough to figure that out.

Zaniolo has had 2 ACLs which have pretty much ruined his career - his form has been very average too

2 hours ago, Mikky said:

Zaniolo has had 2 ACLs which have pretty much ruined his career - his form has been very average too

He played over 20 games last season and scored 7 times, I guess that's very average. But aye, I agree he's had injury problems.