NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

It’s been a brilliant window… and the way we’ve gone about it, largely off the radar buying young players with bags of ability who can slot straight in when needed/required is class… we could have gone gangbusters on high profile mercenaries but chose not too…

We’ve strength in depth all over now, just need to look at the subs bench…Eddie obviously trusts lascelles to cover and why not… he doesn’t let us down and is obviously a brilliant leader.. something worth it’s weight in gold… he also has bags of trust in burn too… again, he’s done little wrong at left back so far and is another who can cover centre half…

All coming together quite nicely … 10 out of 10 for me…

We can always discuss the pros and cons of particular players we buy/are linked with and I love that on here. What I also love is that I'm actually excited that our club is acquiring players of a good calibre again so we can have these discussions, rather than being left feeling utterly depressed that our marquee signings are the likes of Anita and Hendrick.

32 minutes ago, jack j said:

As decent as the windows been

If you'd said to most people we'd sign these 4 for 150 million at the start of the summer they wouldn't be saying its a 8 out of 10 nevermind a 10

#js

Agree with you in a way. Realistically only 1 player (arguably 2 in Barnes) has massively improved our starting xi, which is wild for an outlay of 150m.

That’s short-term thinking though. It’s commendable and exciting that we’re building a squad that can compete now and in the future (without risking upsetting the harmony of the current team).

Just now, The Prophet said:

We could now field a "second" team of...

Dubravka 

Livramento 

Lascelles

Burn 

Hall

Longstaff 

Willock

Anderson 

Murphy 

Wilson 

Barnes 

We've come a long way!

Not bad at all.

Still also have Miley that can feature here and there.

Is Miley more of a 6 or an 8? Didn't see much of the pre season games.

35 minutes ago, jack j said:

Most people would have said 70 million on 2 unproven full backs is a canny wedge. Alot wanted a ready made replacement straight in for Dan Burn

Plenty wanted Maddison and a few others over Harvey Barnes

There are a lot of people with weird opinions. 

45 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Fwiw amid all this chatter about us having these great younguns now I'm including Ashby in the mix. Could well be, if he progresses as much as they hope, he'll come back to be our RB. Tino in front.

Early days but he’s not exactly tearing it up at Swansea…

Hall takes this summer to a 9/10. Excellent work from the club and they should be commended on the ambitious, yet sensible, business.

Can’t see us getting anyone in January now, unless it’s a loan to cover an injury crisis. 

Next summer will be RCB, RW and then a striker if Wilson doesn’t hang around.

Loans with achievable clauses (e.g. Wood after 3 appearances) could help us to get around the loan-with-obligation counting towards FFP this year, so RCB and RW may not be far-fetched

If we win vs Man C and Liverpool they may think a title challenge is on the cards and back them ahead of time, just in case...

Imagine a top drawer RCB and RW announced on loan on deadline day - the excitement for the rest of the season would be crazy

12 minutes ago, NSG said:

Hall takes this summer to a 9/10. Excellent work from the club and they should be commended on the ambitious, yet sensible, business.

Can’t see us getting anyone in January now, unless it’s a loan to cover an injury crisis. 

Next summer will be RCB, RW and then a striker if Wilson doesn’t hang around.

Presuming Wilson has every chance of being our 2nd highest PL scorer if he hangs about for 2 seasons?

Edit: Needs 9 to go outright 2nd.

IMG_5125.thumb.jpeg.07242d09433702dbed35ae3b6687f351.jpeg

Edited by Nucasol

Just now, Displayname said:

Not a perfect window by any means, but a solid 9/10 if we get Hall or any other quality LB.

Had to have gotten rid of some of the deadwood and a better fee on ASM for it to be 10/10.

If Fraser and Hayden go pre-DD that would go some way. I think flogging Targett or one of the outcast RBs would be good business too. It’ll be Burn or Hall LB for the season.

14 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Loans with achievable clauses (e.g. Wood after 3 appearances) could help us to get around the loan-with-obligation counting towards FFP this year, so RCB and RW may not be far-fetched

If we win vs Man C and Liverpool they may think a title challenge is on the cards and back them ahead of time, just in case...

Imagine a top drawer RCB and RW announced on loan on deadline day - the excitement for the rest of the season would be crazy

I still think this is possible :indi:

15 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Presuming Wilson has every chance of being our 2nd highest PL scorer if he hangs about for 2 seasons?

Edit: Needs 9 to go outright 2nd.

IMG_5125.thumb.jpeg.07242d09433702dbed35ae3b6687f351.jpeg

Could do it this year. In 2 years, definitely.

I just got Excel out and calculated the amortisation fees of the whole squad (so even players like Manquillo)

After we sign Hall, our annual amortisation fees will be £107m (my method over estimates a little), representing a £31m increase compared to last season.

why do I mention this? Well if you factor in new income - Sela, CL, higher league prize money, ASM well this more than covers this increase. In fact I reckon that there is now room for two more players if we want to.

10 minutes ago, James said:

I just got Excel out and calculated the amortisation fees of the whole squad (so even players like Manquillo)

After we sign Hall, our annual amortisation fees will be £107m (my method over estimates a little), representing a £31m increase compared to last season.

why do I mention this? Well if you factor in new income - Sela, CL, higher league prize money, ASM well this more than covers this increase. In fact I reckon that there is now room for two more players if we want to.

I've just had to bray my cock with a hammer so I can go to the shops without getting arrested

Only expected 4 signings this window, fully on the Liverpool under Klopp trail now. At their 2017-18 phase now.

Would give the window 9/10 assuming Hall signs. A right sided CB I never thought we'd get this summer as the one we'd want will be basically in profile and ability a right footed Botman which would cost a canny wedge. That'll be sorted next summer I think. And I've been banging on about a RW all window but Almirón and Murphy were superb on Saturday, the need isn't as pressing as I probably thought. Chiesa on loan though would take the window to a 10/10. :lol: