NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, ponsaelius said:

No player we sign is ever going to be the finished article though. That's kind of our entire transfer model. Not even sure Barnes is.

Probably only Trippier from the ones we've signed since the takeover 

4 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Probably only Trippier from the ones we've signed since the takeover 

It's fair to say BDB has reached his pinnicle. Notwithstanding a cup win, the league and/or beating Real/Barca in the Champions league like 👍😜😎🏆💪

3 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

No player we sign is ever going to be the finished article though. That's kind of our entire transfer model. Not even sure Barnes is.

Maybe not, but he's definitely more of a dead cert in terms of knowing what you're going to get than Hall, Livramento, Tonali, Minteh. We knew what we were getting with Trippier, Burn, Targett, Wood, even Bruno imo because he looked so complete already. Now that we're signing potential the obvious risk is in the unknown. So far, so good with Isak. We'll see how we get on with the rest. 

I know Howe has said that this is us done and could well be telling the truth but I do wonder if this is being said for the benefit of Chelsea agreeing the deal.

Pizza Rob had us watching centre backs and I think we could still move for one of the right deal becomes available.

Given the squad as it is now. If the 2024 summer transfer window started tomorrow. Our budget is 75 million net. What players would you sell and for how much? What positions would you want to strengthen? What players would you target and for how much? 

17 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

Given the squad as it is now. If the 2024 summer transfer window started tomorrow. Our budget is 75 million net. What players would you sell and for how much? What positions would you want to strengthen? What players would you target and for how much? 

Bit early for that, no? :lol:

1 hour ago, Matt1892 said:

I know Howe has said that this is us done and could well be telling the truth but I do wonder if this is being said for the benefit of Chelsea agreeing the deal.

Pizza Rob had us watching centre backs and I think we could still move for one of the right deal becomes available.

Definitely. If one of the CBs we've looked at ends up being available on a loan + obligation we'll 100% investigate it. I don't think we'll do any more deals that aren't loan first though.

52 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I think we’ll need quite a few new players. We have a number of players out of contract at the end of this season:

Dummett

Schar

Lascelles

Wilson

Ritchie

Krafth

Karius

Manquillo

Gillespie

I’d expect only Schar and Wilson will be offered new deals. If no other players are sold I’d expect we’ll need to replace the others, so therefore maybe:

1 Gk

1 RCB

1 RM

Then more young players to fill the gaps in defence.

15 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

I think we’ll need quite a few new players. We have a number of players out of contract at the end of this season:

Dummett

Schar

Lascelles

Wilson

Ritchie

Krafth

Karius

Manquillo

Gillespie

I’d expect only Schar and Wilson will be offered new deals. If no other players are sold I’d expect we’ll need to replace the others, so therefore maybe:

1 Gk

1 RCB

1 RM

Then more young players to fill the gaps in defence.

Lascelles player coach ? 

4 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

Still think we’re not done in the window. Eddie never gonna say oh yeah we’re still looking to buy.

I remember when the takeover happened, Amanda said that they'd rarely look to do business in the January window. It makes me wonder that, if injuries not withstanding, we'll go with the same squad for the whole season, especially given we have multiple players that can fill every position now.

Guess to the only caveat would be if another opportunity comes along that they want to bring forward, ala Gordon.

Edited by 54

Just now, 54 said:

I remember when the takeover happened, Amanda said that they'd rarely look to do business in the January window. It makes me wonder that, if injuries not withstanding, we'll go with the same squad for the whole season, especially given we have multiple player that can feel every position now.

Guess to the only caveat would be if another opportunity comes along that they want to bring forward, ala Gordon.

Yeah, we’ll have no intentions of signing anyone in January unless a perfect situation arises for a player that fits our profile. We might sign a Kuol or Minteh though 

56 minutes ago, 54 said:

I remember when the takeover happened, Amanda said that they'd rarely look to do business in the January window. It makes me wonder that, if injuries not withstanding, we'll go with the same squad for the whole season, especially given we have multiple players that can fill every position now.

And yet in the past two we've spent a bucket load