NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, jonny1403 said:

He is obviously not better than Bruno ffs :lol:

He has the ability to be the driving force of the team and completely change our attack, think what Gordon currents offers this season and he would offer way above that.

I am not saying he is currently better than Bruno; however he has the ability to be as influential to us and I believe he has the potential to go on and be a better midfielder for us. 

Just now, Matt1892 said:

He has the ability to be the driving force of the team and completely change our attack, think what Gordon currents offers this season and he would offer way above that.

I am not saying he is currently better than Bruno; however he has the ability to be as influential to us and I believe he has the potential to go on and be a better midfielder for us. 

You really disgust me. 

Think he'd turn out to be a fantastic signing. Would fit in really well with our English core, with Eddie/Trippier and the rest of the leadership group making sure he wasn't fucking about.

How many teams don't have a proper DM in their squad?

Edited by BonesJones

He was the stand out player whilst playing 3 seasons under Bielsa at Leeds. 

Juan Manuel Lillo/Marcelo Bielsa recommendation - ends up at Man City behind Rodri and Gundgunon.

Happily have him here on loan to buy. 

He's a smart passer of the ball, Declan Rice takes 3-5 touches - Phillips quicker 1-2s.  

Didn't show much in tonight's game to convince me. Very late and clumsy in his tackles. BUT, maybe he just needs games to sharpen up.

I'd have him on loan just to see how it goes, especially if we've got one of our midfielders potentially out for 6/7 months.

Philips is the obvious choice. Not only because he obviously has the ability to play our style of football and the desire to get out and play but because it'll take much less to get him integrated into the club/team/area than any player coming from abroad.

3 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Philips is the obvious choice. Not only because he obviously has the ability to play our style of football and the desire to get out and play but because it'll take much less to get him integrated into the club/team/area than any player coming from abroad.

Issue is it would take a good few weeks and matches to get him up to scratch.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Issue is it would take a good few weeks and matches to get him up to scratch.

Without a doubt he would but still less of a risk I would argue. Plus he should be able to pick up the style and tactics fairly quickly having played similar with Bielsa.