NUFC Transfer Rumours

I think Anderson will have a breakthrough game in the next month or two and then we’ll see him play more consistently at a better level. If you look at his close control, it’s there. Under Howe as well, I think he will end up playing at this level and performing well

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I see Anderson as a good "system player" when we play the bottom half sides. Don't particularly see him as being great but to start some games we should still win when someone needs a break, he'd perfectly fine. 

Agreed.

As good as he's been. It's a level below Willock, Joelinton, Longstaff imo.

He's fully trusted to fill in now. But he's got a long way to catch the others.

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

That'll only shorten with more game time, obvs

1 hour ago, The College Dropout said:

Agreed.

All three players you mention have put up absolute stinkers in our shirt, and for prolonged periods as well. Elliot is still only 20, and finding his feet. He had a great pre-season and unfortunately didn't get much game time immediately after. He's done alright for us without taking the limelight, but he's been unlucky not to score at least one, and as @gbandit says I can see him having a breakthrough performance sometime this season and becoming a more than service squad player for us. On the previous page you said he's not a PL level LW, but his best position is not left wing. It's pretty obvious he more than can hold his own as a PL player already. I have absolutely no qualms about him (and the likes of Hall and Miley) getting more playing time rather than going for some stop gap short term Tonali replacement. We've got cover in CM. Any January funds FFP permitting are still better spent on CB and ST cover iyam.

12 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

All three players you mention have put up absolute stinkers in our shirt, and for prolonged periods as well. Elliot is still only 20, and finding his feet. He had a great pre-season and unfortunately didn't get much game time immediately after. He's done alright for us without taking the limelight, but he's been unlucky not to score at least one, and as @gbandit says I can see him having a breakthrough performance sometime this season and becoming a more than service squad player for us. On the previous page you said he's not a PL level LW, but his best position is not left wing. It's pretty obvious he more than can hold his own as a PL player already. I have absolutely no qualms about him (and the likes of Hall and Miley) getting more playing time rather than going for some stop gap short term Tonali replacement. We've got cover in CM. Any January funds FFP permitting are still better spent on CB and ST cover iyam.

I agree.

All of those players have benefitted from having the shirt and an opportunity to play extensively.  I think he's gained a good level of trust from Howe but there's still a relatively big gap between those three and him, and it will reflect in minutes on the pitch.

I think Anderson is a good player at CM. But a step below those other 3.

1 minute ago, andycap said:

Tonali does need replacing like. Miley is out of the picture it's too soon for him. Maybes hall could play there if we fail to bring in a loan that favours us. 

We would be a little short without Tonali, but I’d be reluctant to spend significant money on a replacement when he’s back next season.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

We would be a little short without Tonali, but I’d be reluctant to spend significant money on a replacement when he’s back next season.

That's what I mean a short term loan that suits us financially. Or use hall to fill in when needed. 

Just now, andycap said:

That's what I mean a short term loan that suits us financially. Or use hall to fill in when needed. 

Aye, loan would be ideal, but realistically can’t see anyone of the quality we would target being available short term. Not without an obligation to buy which we don’t need.

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Aye, loan would be ideal, but realistically can’t see anyone of the quality we would target being available short term. Not without an obligation to buy which we don’t need.

City loaned out there left back on a season loan. So it might be possible

I put it down to the years of mediocrity that fans struggle with the concept of developing youth players and rotating them in to the team to get games under their belts, especially against teams that are inferior to us in nearly every position on the pitch.

Anderson is fine and has played well when the team has played well when given extended minutes this season, there is also a bigger gap in quality between Trippier and Livramento than there is between Anderson and Longstaff.

100% Tonali needs to be replaced. No doubt about that for me. Miley and Hall are not suitable replacements for him in the sqaud, we need an experienced  player ready to come in a help control the game. 

Not an easy player to find though, especially if we only want a loan, makes it more difficult if anything. 

5 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

100% Tonali needs to be replaced. No doubt about that for me. Miley and Hall are not suitable replacements for him in the sqaud, we need an experienced  player ready to come in a help control the game. 

Not an easy player to find though, especially if we only want a loan, makes it more difficult if anything. 

I read a bizarre article in the Athletic this morning about possible replacements where they were looking at possible replacements, and ruling out the likes of Kalvin Phillips because he wasn't as versatile as Tonali and able to play 6 or 8. You could just play him as a 6 and move Bruno into the 8 position surely?

You could argue Phillips isn't good enough maybe, but we have enough attacking midfielders to bring in a defensive one I would have thought, as long as he's a decent enough standard.

23 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I put it down to the years of mediocrity that fans struggle with the concept of developing youth players and rotating them in to the team to get games under their belts, especially against teams that are inferior to us in nearly every position on the pitch.

Anderson is fine and has played well when the team has played well when given extended minutes this season, there is also a bigger gap in quality between Trippier and Livramento than there is between Anderson and Longstaff.

Neither Anderson, Longstaff, Joelinton or Willock look good enough at Centre mid so any injury to Bruno leaves Miley or one of them. No problem with playing Miley in, lesser games, parts of games but saying you're in until January wouldn't do him any favours.

57 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

What about sabitzer? 

I don't think it makes a difference to be honest that cancelo and pep had a fallen out. He was still a top player to just loan out for a season. I think pep sees it as what's best for the players career. Like us with shelvey. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

Neither Anderson, Longstaff, Joelinton or Willock look good enough at Centre mid so any injury to Bruno leaves Miley or one of them. No problem with playing Miley in, lesser games, parts of games but saying you're in until January wouldn't do him any favours.

You what mate..?

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I keep thanking my lucky stars Man U are still pricing him out.

His form has been fantastic for club and Country recently. I'm saying I want him but I do see why he was wanted.