NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

24 minutes ago, mondonewc said:

Phillips is 28 in December, given our strategy so far seems unlikely we'd be wanting to buy him, loan maybe. As said already, feels like easy link to make. 

We've had huge success off Burn and Trippier. Buying experienced English talent isn't always a negative.

37 minutes ago, hakka said:

We've had huge success off Burn and Trippier. Buying experienced English talent isn't always a negative.

We were in a much different position then (pretty much desperation). Not saying we won’t go for Phillips but it would be a step away from the last few windows.

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We were in a much different position then (pretty much desperation). Not saying we won’t go for Phillips but it would be a step away from the last few windows.

Agree it would be a step away, but its the Tonali ban that may drive a move for Phillips. I'd be very happy with him, but trust the club to do right thing regardless.

It won’t be a popular suggestion on here but if we are looking for a low cost midfielder in January then Wilfred Ndidi would be a good pick up, he is out of contract in the summer and Leicester could have one foot back in the Premier League already by then.

Not only is he a capable Defensive Midfielder but he has reinvented himself this season to play in Longstaff’s role on the right.

Here is a good read about him this season.

https://theathletic.com/4980582/2023/10/21/the-reinvention-of-wilfred-ndidi/?amp=1

He isn’t though, he just had a poor season when Leicester went down but was one of their better players prior to that.

He nearly went to Bayern in the summer still and will likely get a decent move between now and next summer.

If we could afford a top level player then fine but we can’t until at least the summer, I’m not sure if we would want to spend big on a CM even then.

1 hour ago, hakka said:

I wouldn't be against signing him, think he's better than many give him credit for. He's had spells of being a very good player so if Howe and Co. thought he was the way to go I'd be fully on board, as I say though, do think it's much more likely just lazy journalism. 

21 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Rob M on Twitter is really ramping up the “pay me attention cos I’m dead funny me like” tweets. Looking forward to his social media downfall 

It is a bit annoying. He’s good for transfer info though.

3 hours ago, gbandit said:

Still can’t see Howe going for that unless it’s option to buy. It might say that in the article but I can’t be arsed with reading transfer reports outside of the windows 

Has the feels of Tripps this story. Broke in early autumn and wouldn’t go away. This could happen

Loan with an OPTION to buy would obviously be the best for us but wouldn't really suit Philips or Man City so I would be surprised to see that happen. Its either a straight loan or we have to buy him IMO.

7 hours ago, gbandit said:

If we bring him in then you can kind of see it as an ideal addition really. Gives us a specific defensive midfielder as an option and I think he improves us overall. If they don’t go for him and it doesn’t happen it’ll also be for the right reasons. The benefit thesedays is I just don’t stress about what the club does because I have every faith in what they’re doing. 

Im guessing he’s cup tied for champions league assuming we were to get through the next round?

Edited by ExiledGeordie