NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Adidas deal is irrelevant to this season unless i missed us wearing their gear already mind.....

Just dont see us buying a Tonali replacement when hes back in 6 months, its wasting that extra money and then some.

Just loaning Phillips for example would probably mean £5m+ fee and the same again in wages, theres a sizable chunk of the cash from most those new deals spent already without thinking about actually buying someone

FFP is a three year rolling period so if we signed a midfielder in January and six months latter the adidas money comes in both transactions would fall in that 3 year rolling period.

Let’s see how the hierarchy play this one.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I mean the Bruno role.

I agree nobody of the others offers quite what Bruno does, but not many players in world football would. I’m sure with the numbers and profile of player Howe at his disposal he’d be able to create a functioning midfield if need be. If Bruno is also out for months it’s evidently a different matter, but take away the best two midfielders from any team and they would feel the consequences.

Losing Tonali for the rest of the season is a big setback, but I trust Howe to make it work with the players we have at the club.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I read a bizarre article in the Athletic this morning about possible replacements where they were looking at possible replacements, and ruling out the likes of Kalvin Phillips because he wasn't as versatile as Tonali and able to play 6 or 8. You could just play him as a 6 and move Bruno into the 8 position surely?

You could argue Phillips isn't good enough maybe, but we have enough attacking midfielders to bring in a defensive one I would have thought, as long as he's a decent enough standard.

I don't want any players blighted by the curse of Southgate near my club.

5 minutes ago, Emotic said:

Julian Draxler appears sick of the Middle East. He could do with a cheeky loan move to the North East of England…

Sounds like the archetypal Howe personality, there. 

23 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I agree nobody of the others offers quite what Bruno does, but not many players in world football would. I’m sure with the numbers and profile of player Howe at his disposal he’d be able to create a functioning midfield if need be. If Bruno is also out for months it’s evidently a different matter, but take away the best two midfielders from any team and they would feel the consequences.

Losing Tonali for the rest of the season is a big setback, but I trust Howe to make it work with the players we have at the club.

I'm just worried about losing Bruno and having to play a square peg for a long December and possibly beyond. I'm all for getting someone, even on loan for that role in January.

It's not that they don't offer what he does, it's that they look unsuited to the role.

Edited by madras

49 minutes ago, SAK said:

FFP is a three year rolling period so if we signed a midfielder in January and six months latter the adidas money comes in both transactions would fall in that 3 year rolling period.

Let’s see how the hierarchy play this one.

Three year rolling seasons not each rolling minute.... 

15 hours ago, Emotic said:

Julian Draxler appears sick of the Middle East. He could do with a cheeky loan move to the North East of England…

Why would a club from Qatar loan a player to us? :lol: 

1 minute ago, STM said:

A striker please. With one of Isak/Wilson constantly injured, it would be nice to have something from the bench.

Yeah. Hard game to get brought into as a sub. But I thought Wilson looked miles off it for the most part. He is going to get burnt out fairly sharpish. As it was kind of accepted last season he can’t do two games a week. 

I know it’s being smart after the event and there has been some hard luck with Tonali and Barnes. But the more you look at the transfer window. The worse it gets.

It might have been fine if we were in the Europa or not in Europe at all. But we have invested in two fullbacks who don’t play. As we obviously thought the deals were too good to pass on. Yet ended up basically the same (or worse due to injuries) in the final third.