NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

23 minutes ago, St1pe said:

“Flogging this urban myth” = having a fairly objective, reasonable opinion on a subject many other people share. 

We didn’t get a good fee for ASM. Regardless of opinion of him, worse players were sold for more money all summer. 

I think it’s more the idea that the fee they paid for ASM is in any way representative of where they see us in terms of priority, as they have that much money that they are above having a priority on where to put it.

The likely scenario is that a conversation has taken place on how much do they think they can get away with paying as a transfer fee without alarm bells going off within football, they looked at a value range for him and went with the lower end of that to be on the safe side.

They will bankroll this club up to the maximum they can in terms of FFP, using every advantage they can whilst looking to be above board.

1 hour ago, St1pe said:

“Flogging this urban myth” = having a fairly objective, reasonable opinion on a subject many other people share. 

We didn’t get a good fee for ASM. Regardless of opinion of him, worse players were sold for more money all summer. 

I'm actually dealing in objectives I'm dealing in facts.

Nobody else wanted him. 

His value, therefore, was between both parties. 

We accepted their offer hence that became his value. 

Everything else isn't objective it's subjective noise. 

NEWCASTLE PLOTTING £60M JUVENTUS RAID

Newcastle are ‘already preparing an offer’ of €60m-plus for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa, although Chelsea and Arsenal are also in the mix for the Italy international

Anything in this rumour?

1 minute ago, SR16 said:

NEWCASTLE PLOTTING £60M JUVENTUS RAID

Newcastle are ‘already preparing an offer’ of €60m-plus for Juventus winger Federico Chiesa, although Chelsea and Arsenal are also in the mix for the Italy international

Anything in this rumour?

Nothing if they think we are paying that in January

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Loan with an obligation would be nice though :lol:

Chiesa would be the signing. Huge statement.

In the summer i agree a huge signing, zero chance we arent looking at defence/midfield positions in January surely?

1 hour ago, Ben said:

Nee money in the pot due to FFP and a ban on loans from Saudi, I'm not sure what we can actually do this window 

This window probably not much. But I think that this summer we may start selling some saleable players that have a very low book value. 

No idea who it will be but one big sale allows us to spend big money under FFP. Maybe it's someone we least expect. Bruno for £100m with a FFP book value of £20m is £80m profit. Which equals what for a new signings fund, £300m? We may need to sell one decent first team regular per summer to spend under FFP. Probably Lascelles for £20m is more realistic.

56 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

There are options for wiggle room regarding transfers, even if it means selling someone either in January or before July 1st in the summer.

We are down to the barest of bones with injuries

Who can we realistically sell???

1 hour ago, jack j said:

We are down to the barest of bones with injuries

Who can we realistically sell???

If we acknowledge we need to upgrade the right hand side then you sell either of Almiron or Murphy, either in January if both are fit by then but if not the summer.

2 hours ago, Fezzle said:

Where was that confirmed by Howe today? Seems like it would have been posted on here if it was.

Seems like he’s referring to the bit where he said we ‘liked’ Neves when he was at Wolves.