NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

53 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Alan Pardew finished 5th once. Does that make him a good manager?

Pretty weak way of discrediting Longstaff tbh, he doesn’t deserve a Pardew comparison.. no one does [emoji38]

Wilson to West Ham is soooo West Ham.

I can deal with anyone leaving.... if we sign someone worth signing. I'd be gutted to lose someone and not get at least one quality player through the door. Not that I can see that happening.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Wilson to West Ham is soooo West Ham.

I can deal with anyone leaving.... if we sign someone worth signing. I'd be gutted to lose someone and not get at least one quality player through the door. Not that I can see that happening.

Would be gutting.

6 minutes ago, duo said:

Thankfully we're a professional outfit these days so it'll all be part of their plan

Some people seem to think there’s some master - well coordinated plan where everything is premeditated and deliberate. 

At the start of the season - it was not planned to sell Wilson in January.  Increasing PSR concerns have led to this situation.  Selling Wilson is a pre-emergency lever. 

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Some people seem to think there’s some master - well coordinated plan where everything is premeditated and deliberate. 

At the start of the season - it was not planned to sell Wilson in January.  Increasing PSR concerns have led to this situation.  Selling Wilson is a pre-emergency lever. 

I think the point is that every decision is now being made in the best interests of the club.

Of course unexpected events can crop up, but we can trust that our only objective is to make the club as good as possible. 

7 minutes ago, gbandit said:

I can answer that -

On the treatment table 

:lol:

I know he's a crock but if he goes to West Ham you'd have to think we've strengthened their chances of Europa CL while weakening ours. Especially after they got Phillips as well.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

More likely how the season has panned out being the main driver than PSR. These players were always going to go this summer, just brought forward. Feels a little like they're clearing the decks for the next stage in the team's development. 

15 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I think the point is that every decision is now being made in the best interests of the club.

Of course unexpected events can crop up, but we can trust that our only objective is to make the club as good as possible. 

That is true. But that was also the case for Everton. It doesn’t say much about the quality of decision or risk management by the leadership. 

1 minute ago, Ketsbaia said:

£20m-ish is fine for Wilson but I don't get the reasoning for purposely having even fewer strikers. And to a PL rival as well.

Funds for a better “fitter” prospect? If there’s any truth in this whatsoever.

Just now, macphisto said:

More likely how the season has panned out being the main driver than PSR. These players were always going to go this summer, just brought forward. Feels a little like they're clearing the decks for the next stage in the team's development. 

It’s kind of the same thing. 

We might have expected to be in Europe this calendar year.  So that’s a few million missing.  

We most definitely targeted finishing in Europe this season. Not doing so will cost several millions. 

We also thought we had a squad that could last the season. With Joelinton and  Tonali out for the season and Willock injured pretty much all season.  We are in desperate need for reinforcement. So now there’s a need to generate PSR headroom. 

If not for PSR, we would only strengthen.  PSR is the reason we have to ‘trade’ valuable assets. 

6 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

That is true. But that was also the case for Everton. It doesn’t say much about the quality of decision or risk management by the leadership. 

Maybe, but surely we have every reason to trust our owners at the moment. We don't have any kind of track record like Everton, of wasting tons of money on average players. 

There seems nothing professional at all with how this January has gone down. We’re offering up our senior leaders openly in the press, it stinks of panic. I don’t see any grand plan here. 

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

There seems nothing professional at all with how this January has gone down. We’re offering up our senior leaders openly in the press, it stinks of panic. I don’t see any grand plan here. 

If we were offering them up then I'm sure we'd have sold a 33 year old Trippier to Bayern for £13m. If we sell Miggy for £30m I'm sure no one is going to complain TOO much. Wislon ditto, he's a crock, although that's actually the most risky one since it would leave us with one striker.

7 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Disagree, if we got good money for all 3 it would have been excellent business all things considered.