NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

44 minutes ago, Matt1892 said:

I can see us going for Lloyd Kelly at left back on a free transfer, who is currently linked with Spurs and Liverpool.

The only concern about him is his injury record.

Just what we need given our history and luck with injuries 

53 minutes ago, Ronson333 said:

I really like the look of Murillo at Notts Forest, very good in the tackle and great passing ability for a centre back, probably can play left back too. He’s only 21 and reminds me of a younger Martinez at Man Utd.

Yep, definitely looks like he should be playing at a higher level. Fantastic passer and really quick too. Think he'd be an ideal Burn upgrade in our system with some coaching. 

edit: see 1:16 on the clip below:

Edited by Smal

What's clear for me is we need more pace and athleticism in the back 4 and midfield positions. I think it's really holding us back especially as we have been missing Willock, Joelinton and to some extent Tonali most of the season. There are no legs in the team once you get past our front 3 and feels like every other team has an athletic advantage. 

2 hours ago, alexf said:

What's clear for me is we need more pace and athleticism in the back 4 and midfield positions. I think it's really holding us back especially as we have been missing Willock, Joelinton and to some extent Tonali most of the season. There are no legs in the team once you get past our front 3 and feels like every other team has an athletic advantage. 

All three of those will be back by the summer though, so I wonder if we'll even be looking at midfield for new signings next time round. Unless of course we decide to sell one or more of them.

To miss your first choice keeper, 3 central midfielders & your new winger for most of the season (not mentioning the other injuries) is not a normal situation to find ourselves in and the summer should reflect this.

Honestly, I'd be happy with 2 quality introductions into the first eleven. 

30 minutes ago, maybe_next_year said:

To miss your first choice keeper, 3 central midfielders & your new winger for most of the season (not mentioning the other injuries) is not a normal situation to find ourselves in and the summer should reflect this.

Honestly, I'd be happy with 2 quality introductions into the first eleven. 

RW

CM

ST

CB (top class young CB to play backup to Schar and Botman for a season)

Let Wilson and Almiron go if we can get a decent fee.

I think we are at a point where we need freshen things up and not just add to the existing group.

If we can move 2 or 3 on and bring 4 or 5 in then that should give us the quality and quantity needed if done right.

Wonder what pope will be like after his surgery, there's a chance it could knock his confidence / performance. 

I've had 2 dislocations and the thought of jumping arm outstretched to then land on the floor would terrify me ?

46 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I would get two midfielders in and get rid of one or two current ones. 

Miggy > RW

Wilson > CF

Longstaff > CM

Targett

With some money left for a CB and LB

Wouldn’t mind a forward too

Playing a midfield 3 means needing 5 decent CMs in every match day squad and at least 6 in the 25, plus youth players behind. Always at least one short this season, two following Tonalis suspension, so some of the impact of the injuries has been self inflicted 

IMO only RB, LW and GK have adequate cover. (I know there’s a drop off between Pope and Dubravka but at GK there will always be a difference between first and second choice as there’s no game time for no2s), but FFP means probably restricted to fixing CM and RW plus getting cover at CB and replacing any outgoings.

Unless there’s a decent young CB in the club there is going to be a cover problem there at some point soon as Dummett must be nearing the Ritchie stage of being a footballer in name only, so that leaves only 4 including Burn

Edited by WilliamPS

38 minutes ago, WilliamPS said:

Playing a midfield 3 means needing 5 decent CMs in every match day squad and at least 6 in the 25, plus youth players behind. Always at least one short this season, two following Tonalis suspension, so some of the impact of the injuries has been self inflicted 

IMO only RB, LW and GK have adequate cover. (I know there’s a drop off between Pope and Dubravka but at GK there will always be a difference between first and second choice as there’s no game time for no2s), but FFP means probably restricted to fixing CM and RW plus getting cover at CB and replacing any outgoings.

Unless there’s a decent young CB in the club there is going to be a cover problem there at some point soon as Dummett must be nearing the Ritchie stage of being a footballer in name only, so that leaves only 4 including Burn

We started the season with 6 midfielders plus Miley. 

Willock was already hurt, which wasn’t ideal, but I have a hard time placing too much blame there.

Pacey Young Right Central Defender

Athletic Intelligent Ball Winning Midfielder

Right Winger who can use both feet, with a little guile would be nice.

A Forward who scores goals and is fit more than 1/3 games.

Pacey Left Back (Hall? I'm not sure)

A backup/No 1 GK who reads the game, is commanding and can kick a football to the above People.

Eventually you'd have:

GK/Pope

Trippier / Tino

Schar / Pacey Guy

Botman

Tino / Hall

Athletic Ball winning MF / Tonali 

Bruno / Anderson

Big Jo / Little Jo

Gordon / Barnes

Right Winger / Gordon

Isak / Fit Forward / Young Forward

Sell Miggy, Wilson, Lasecelles, Dubs, all the old boys.

8 minutes ago, black_n_white said:

Feeling Joelinton might be pushed out which they’ll hope will bolster the kitty 

Better deal settling a contract than what people on here imagine we will get for him