NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Valencia negotiates with Newcastle a transfer that will be around 40 million

Newcastle have come for Mamardashvili and they do not want to drag out the operation. They trust that it will be closed before the Euro Cup.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Newcastle have come for Mamardashvili and they do not want to drag out the operation. They trust that it will be closed before the Euro Cup.

Hector’s got 104k followers, so solid source hopefully.

Can't believe a few people are turning their noses up at Bowen, he would be perfect for us!

DCL on the other hand is possibly the only striker with a worse injury record than Wilson, would be a terrible signing! I read that they wanted £60m for him! 

6 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

From a Valencia fan in the below comments:

’Incredible that Kepa cost 80M and the best goalkeeper in the world 40’

From what I've read he's a similar profile to Pope. Big, commanding in the area, and a great shot stopper. Seems to be okay with the ball and distribution, but that's an improvement on Pope, who is below average on those.

I like it. Don't think we necessarily need a keeper that is a ball player to the extent of those in the more control based sides, as that isn't really our whole approach. Just need a general uptick in distribution both short and long.

Posted (edited)

Not keen on Bowen. Strong player, just feel we need someone who’s more cute and creative on RW. 

Like we spent big on Barnes on LW, who IMO can do what Bowen does on that. Need some different style of players.

Edited by Sibierski

40 million Euros is 3,407,000,000p at current exchange rate btw.

Does feel like this big bearded Georgian one has some legs. He's clearly being sold this year.

While we generally need more technically able players, who are comfortable with the ball at their feet, I'm not sure where this idea we lack creativity comes from.

We scored a record number of goals last season, while our xG, big chances created and shot stats have been very good for two seasons.

30 minutes ago, STM said:

Whenever I see a link to a player, first thing I do is find out who their agent it....

DCL has the same agent as.... Livramento, Barnes and Eddie Howe.

I have no doubt that Howe is a fan of DCL the player and have no doubt that the player himself would jump at the chance.

DCL is entering the last year of his current deal.

His agent may just be using us to get his name out there to help secure a new contract.

Or perhaps Everton are going to be making him available for a price that is very good value, which we might deem to be worth it.

There's been reports that Everton are keen on Adebayo from Luton as a replacement.

Bowen makes a lot of sense in a world of tifo podcast theories whereby your emulating Klopps Liverpool, Isak becomes the false nine with Bowen Barnes and Gordon going beyond. 

20 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Can't believe a few people are turning their noses up at Bowen, he would be perfect for us!

DCL on the other hand is possibly the only striker with a worse injury record than Wilson, would be a terrible signing! I read that they wanted £60m for him! 

I think most are only opposed to Bowen based on what we assume the price would be, plus the fact he'll turn 28 this season. He'd be perfect if money were no object.

22 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Don’t think anyone wouldn’t want him, it’s just we don’t think we can get him, not least for a price that is sensible.

If DCL is in the last year, I wonder if a cut price deal is on the cards. In fact, it wouldn't shock me seeing Wilson go the other way.

3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

His agent may just be using us to get his name out there to help secure a new contract.

Or perhaps Everton are going to be making him available for a price that is very good value, which we might deem to be worth it.

There's been reports that Everton are keen on Adebayo from Luton as a replacement.

Am I mental to suggest I'd probably rather have Adebayo? 

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Don’t think anyone wouldn’t want him, it’s just we don’t think we can get him, not least for a price that is sensible.

I do appreciate that, it was more that I have seen a few do it on ability. I don't think we can get him for a reasonable price but if we can he seems a no brainer to me/

If you can add a right winger that will get you double figures to what we already have and with the players we have returning and the transfers we look like we are making then it looks to me like we could have a very successful season. 

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Am I mental to suggest I'd probably rather have Adebayo? 

Genuinely would rather take a punt on Rowe from Norwich now they’re not going up.

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I’d actually take that lad from Luton, he’s such a handful and gives us a different dimension. Looked good every time I’ve seen him and a solid backup

It’s probably a smokescreen, but I’m cool with whatever they do… as long as it also involves an all out assault to sign Olise.

29 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Dont mean to go full Ashley here, but hes turning 28 this year. Great player, but hes not the future. What would he cost 60-70m? 

1 hour ago, Nucasol said:

Fuck me, replacing Wilson with Calvert-Lewin would just be:

Blaming Spider-Man GIF

Except he’s 6 years younger than Wilson.

Also think the permacrock label is a bit overblown. He missed half the season in each of 2021-22 and 2022-23 but has made at least 32 league appearances each year season since 2017-18, including last year.

He’d be a decent addition as Isak’s #2.