NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, andyc35i said:

I’d actually take that lad from Luton, he’s such a handful and gives us a different dimension. Looked good every time I’ve seen him and a solid backup

I like him a lot, but didn't want to say so on here, because I couldn't be bothered with the responses from people that didn't really watch him closely.

I agree with you 100%. 

Whilst it’s very difficult to see past DCL’s injury record (although he actually had 26 starts and 6 sub appearances in the league this season), he’s clearly got very good attributes.

He would certainly offer a different skill set to Isak in terms of his aerial ability and physicality, which could potentially be useful if we were wanting to change things up later in a game.

Obviously I get everyone would have reservations if the price tag was (very) substantial, but if he’s in the last year of his contract, I can definitely see it as a possibility.

And we all know what happened the last time we bought someone from Everton no-one wanted…

6 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

Am I mental to suggest I'd probably rather have Adebayo? 

I'm pleasantly surprised others on here like him too.

Thought he had a good season for them that would have been even better had he not got injured for a bit.

Posted (edited)

He's only got a year left on his deal, that together with the compressed market I think the fee would be lot less than previous years. I'd still question whether it was the right profile of player though.

Edited by ponsaelius

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I'm pleasantly surprised others on here like him too.

Thought he had a good season for them that would have been even better had he not got injured for a bit.

I like Adebayo a lot. Awoniyi another that I'm surprised isn't talked about more. Both had injury problems this season, so slightly small samples below but...

Only players with more G / 90 than Adebayo: Haaland, Isak, Jota, Palmer, Olise, Wood, Richarlison, Trossard, Salah

Only players with more G+A / 90 this season than Awoniyi: Palmer, Olise, Haaland, De Bruyne, Jota, Salah, Isak, Richarlison, Wilson, Watkins, Foden, Nunez, Bailey, Son, Mateta

Adebayo is the type of player I imagine every opposition player dreads to face. The striker version of Joelinton, just hard as nails, but fairly quick and dare I say it better in front of goal.

Would love him here.

6 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

I like Adebayo a lot. Awoniyi another that I'm surprised isn't talked about more. Both had injury problems this season, so slightly small samples below but...

Only players with more G / 90 than Adebayo: Haaland, Isak, Jota, Palmer, Olise, Wood, Richarlison, Trossard, Salah

Only players with more G+A / 90 this season than Awoniyi: Palmer, Olise, Haaland, De Bruyne, Jota, Salah, Isak, Richarlison, Wilson, Watkins, Foden, Nunez, Bailey, Son, Mateta

Awoniyi is also a handful and is a top guy character wise, but his injury problems are just continuous.

I wouldn't be involved in any kind of deal to sign him.

Wish him the best though. Really great guy is Awoniyi.

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Adebayo is the type of player I imagine every opposition player dreads to face. The striker version of Joelinton, just hard as nails, but fairly quick and dare I say it better in front of goal.

Would love him here.

He is incredible in the air too.

13 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Chris Wood you say? Bring him home!

Eddie was linked with DLC since he got here. He was linked to us even before then wasnt he? Its longstanding interest. Eddie is definitely an admirer. 

I'm fine with it for anything under 20m. I feel like that won't even buy a gammy knee.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Eddie was linked with DLC since he got here. He was linked to us even before then wasnt he? Its longstanding interest. Eddie is definitely an admirer. 

I'm fine with it for anything under 20m. I feel like that won't even buy a gammy knee.

DCL is miles off where we want to be and also a perma-crock, no thanks. It would be like signing a younger Wilson without the goals.

Edited by Beth

DCL only suffered a freak broken cheekbone all last season as far as I’m aware? Horrific in the two season prior though. I had thought that our earlier “interest” in him was a smokescreen for Gordon. But if he’ll cost 20 mil or under, it might be worth a punt for a backup.

I'm confident our owners are fully aware of DCL's injury record.

Agree with Emotic, if we can get him for the right price & up to speed with Eddie's training regime - it may be worth the risk.  

A year forward and people are still talking about DCL and thinking it’s an ok idea :lol: :lol: :lol: 

Wouldn’t want him even if we got money for him.