NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)

This could be seen as ’new money’ arrogant but I don’t think Mbeumo is the RW purple everyone has been dreaming of every transfer window since the takeover. I see him more as a squad player for current NUFC. Would be a decent buy for £20-25m but I don’t see that much value for the £40m+ it would probably take to get him. That money would be pretty close to getting you Olise if the release clause rumours are true and we could beat all the other suitors.

Edited by Pata

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, buzza said:

I would like the brazilian kid from Atalanta, very good presser and defensive holder but can also play a bit (used to be a 10).

Would free up Bruno amd we could go to a more attacking 4231 or something similar.

Would prefer to see bruno further up the pitch this season.

Ederson would be a great signing and would give us 4 elite midfield players on paper, he’d definitely fit the bill as a Howe midfielder and think he’d be our best defensive one when needed to plug that gap.

If we go down the Mbuemo route I think Howe is going full on Klopp, with 3 pressing midfielders and 3 forwards in the Diaz,Gakpo and Jota mould.

If that’s the case another top line midfielder to cover Bruno and Joelinton injuries is essential. The drop off to Bruno getting injured would be Longstaff and Anderson, if we’re relying on a 4-3-3 we need another top drawer midfielder to compete over a season.

Edited by Whitley mag

2 hours ago, Pata said:

Why is EVERYONE always spelling his name wrong, it's six letters ffs? :lol: 

Think Jack needs to start a thread on him just so we have a template for his name to copy.

'e' before 'u' if you're Bryan Mbeumo.

33 minutes ago, arnonel said:

Linked with Dean Huijsen, Juve CB

Only way we’re getting him is if the Tosin deal doesn’t happen.

36 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

watched him play for Roma in a friendly against Milan last night. He looks promising. Very good on the ball for a tall defender. 

46 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Don’t know - I think we may sign a young CB with a eye on Schar departing next summer  - Kelly you would assume will compete with Hall

I would rather two transformative signings than squad depth. CB, RW and hopefully Kelly and a backup keeper if we’re struggling for cash.

6 hours ago, Pata said:

This could be seen as ’new money’ arrogant but I don’t think Mbeumo is the RW purple everyone has been dreaming of every transfer window since the takeover. I see him more as a squad player for current NUFC. Would be a decent buy for £20-25m but I don’t see that much value for the £40m+ it would probably take to get him. That money would be pretty close to getting you Olise if the release clause rumours are true and we could be beat all the other suitors.

I don't think you're being new money arrogant tbh. The higher up the football pyramid you get the fewer players are going to be able to take you to the next level and we need to be really quite discerning as to who's going to get us there.

7 hours ago, Pata said:

This could be seen as ’new money’ arrogant but I don’t think Mbeumo is the RW purple everyone has been dreaming of every transfer window since the takeover. I see him more as a squad player for current NUFC. Would be a decent buy for £20-25m but I don’t see that much value for the £40m+ it would probably take to get him. That money would be pretty close to getting you Olise if the release clause rumours are true and we could be beat all the other suitors.

I take some comfort that Liverpool are after him. Mane and Jota end of day were similar signings for them, Mane became a huge player for them, and Jota for me is their 2nd most key attacker, arguably first as he joins it up with Salah through middle which none of their others don’t, and him being injured cost them this season.

Feel like he’d have to play the LCM role in our system, and Joelinton is a better fit there for us imo. We really ought to be going all out for Olise imo - he’s exactly what we need and are missing.

21 minutes ago, Smal said:

Feel like he’d have to play the LCM role in our system, and Joelinton is a better fit there for us imo. We really ought to be going all out for Olise imo - he’s exactly what we need and are missing.

Olise is being courted by the ESL conspirators, we are finding it difficult to go head to head with them for players. The value for us is on the continent, we can then turn those £20m/£30m rough gems into £80m players.

15 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Olise is being courted by the ESL conspirators, we are finding it difficult to go head to head with them for players. The value for us is on the continent, we can then turn those £20m/£30m rough gems into £80m players.

Looks like this is what we will need to do.

We've done some incredible deals at that price point though, and so pretty excited to see what we can cook up.