NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Dokko said:

Forest only want £40m for gibbs white.

I might be talking complete nonsense here - say Forest agreed a fee with Wolves for 40 - so far they’ve paid 30, the additional 10 means they are over FFP so need to sell before any further FFP charges?

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’d personally spend the budget on a top class young CB and a top class RW. Get a back up keeper and let Pope stay number 1.

Think this is exactly how things are likely to play out now.

Right winger will be the key signing, although it may not be top class per se, as not sure there are too many already in that bracket that we could realistically get.

Edited by KaKa

8 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think this is exactly how things are likely to play out now.

Right winger will be the key signing, although it may not be top class per se, as not sure there are too many already in that bracket that we could realistically get.

Yeah I suppose it’s a matter of opinion, I’d consider Mbuemo top class whilst I know a few on here would disagree.

Posted (edited)

A right sided CB with pace alongside a right sided forward are the 2 main priorities, sure Tosin on a free is appealing, but think there’s far better CB’s available that we should be ploughing a big part of the budget on if necessary, it’s a vital position to get right.

Edited by Whitley mag

15 minutes ago, Mikky said:

I might be talking complete nonsense here - say Forest agreed a fee with Wolves for 40 - so far they’ve paid 30, the additional 10 means they are over FFP so need to sell before any further FFP charges?

It is difficult with MGW as so much of his fee was made up in add ons, for ease say it was £30 million. He signed a 5 year contract in 2022 so anything above £18 million for him they could book as profit for FFP, is my understanding.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m a massive MGW fan, however with a limited budget it makes more sense to sign a RW who can cover upfront imo.

I thought he played as a second striker too? Although I get where your coming from. I don't think MGW is the fall back striker or out and out winger we need. He would certainly offer us something different through the middle though.

I dunno, at this stage, I'm not sure which way we will go... in fact I'm not entirely sure the club does.

I suppose the club will just have to be reactive.

30 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I suppose it’s a matter of opinion, I’d consider Mbuemo top class whilst I know a few on here would disagree.

I hear that and I agree with you actually.

I think the combination of his comfort in the league, availability, physical attributes and proven production, all in our system will add up to top class output from that side of the pitch with Tonali and Trippier/Tino.

I think the lack of Tosin means that our striker search turns from being a decent wedge of outlay to being a loan with option/obligation instead. 

I can see us going:

Kelly (free)

Keeper (£30m)

RW (£50m)

CB (£50m)

ST (loan with ob/op)

Obviously all that is assuming Bruno and Isak don’t go, otherwise it’ll be far more transformational. 

What do we think the budget is? In my mind, and based on absolutely nothing, I’ve imagined us dropping around £120m. About £80m plus £40m from sales. As I say I’ve just plucked those figures out of my arse.

Just now, Novocastrian said:

What do we think the budget is? In my mind, and based on absolutely nothing, I’ve imagined us dropping around £120m. About £80m plus £40m from sales. As I say I’ve just plucked those figures out of my arse.

Are we selling a hotel?

£50m tops.

10 minutes ago, Novocastrian said:

Yeah I'm with you. Something around that mark.

I definitely feel that we might be a bit braver with regards to taking risk. Things like loans with obligations.

We can have a long term transfer strategy whilst also being a bit cute.

Could we loan a decent number 2 keeper for example? Would save the club forking out in this window.

We will sign 2 quality players, the rest will be based on sales or needs of the moment or opportunity IMO.

Just now, STM said:

We will sign 2 quality players, the rest will be based on sales or needs of the moment or opportunity IMO.

This doesn't include Kelly.

I think it’ll be £120m net including Hall, funded by the sale of Miggy and potentially Trippier/Wilson.

41 minutes ago, ATB said:

Thats seems way low. Why would it be so?

Because we don’t want to sell our only sellable assets? We spend big this window and we’re 100% selling Bruno or Isak next year to cover it 

13 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Because we don’t want to sell our only sellable assets? We spend big this window and we’re 100% selling Bruno or Isak next year to cover it 

I imagine whatever happens we’ll almost certainly be selling Bruno at the end of next season.