NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 hours ago, arnonel said:

I suggest we combine realistic transfer thread with this one

For obvious reasons 

I don't really check the realistic rumours thread although maybe I should considering the crazy expectations we get in this one. I always consider any transfer target where a cartel club isn't sniffing around to be a realistic one. So the talk about the 21 year old keeper Trafford, that sounds pretty realistic. Sesko with Arsenal/Chelsea and fuck knows who else - not so much.

4 hours ago, sushimonster85 said:

I have been wanting to say something like this. If you talk to Dortmund fans, or listen to podcasts that cover European football, he actually seems a little hit or miss. Someone on Totally Football was talking about him for their CL build-up and mentioned that Adeyemi was brought in as another of the Haaland/Sancho/Bellingham types (young with massive potential that they can make a huge profit on), but it hasn't really happened for him as he is lacking a consistent end product. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he'd be an upgrade on Almiron, but I think there are others who offer more consistency. I'd take Mbeuomo over Adeyemi. 

I think the reasons we consider him is for the reasons above, that we feel that there is untapped potential there and if Howe can get him to be more consistent then we have a bargain.

Worth remembering that Isak didn’t make the grade at Dortmund either, so I don’t think that would put the club off.

33 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

What a great name.

Or as they’d say in the West Country, it’s Gert Lush

7 hours ago, Matt1892 said:

I think the reasons we consider him is for the reasons above, that we feel that there is untapped potential there and if Howe can get him to be more consistent then we have a bargain.

Worth remembering that Isak didn’t make the grade at Dortmund either, so I don’t think that would put the club off.

Isak was 17 when at Dortmund and, I think it was Tuchel who never ever gave him a look in. Very different circumstances imo.

9 hours ago, Lotus said:

Isak was 17 when at Dortmund and, I think it was Tuchel who never ever gave him a look in. Very different circumstances imo.

He left there a few months before his 20th birthday but the point still stands, just because a player doesn’t fulfil their potential at Dortmund it doesn’t mean that they never will.

1 minute ago, Matt1892 said:

He left there a few months before his 20th birthday but the point still stands, just because a player doesn’t fulfil their potential at Dortmund it doesn’t mean that they never will.

IMG_2589.thumb.jpeg.8c28d552dfd3625d1bbe7f5eb124c2bc.jpeg

Just now, PauloGeordio said:

No but IF it was true! 

One mistake and you’re out. What a lovely place to work our club would be! 

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Well that’s bollocks, one person doesn’t overrule the full recruitment team.

Absolutely it doesn’t add up at all, and I’m someone who isn’t keen at all having any hint of nepotism at the club.