NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, gdm said:

We need options not just one. An injury to this mystery ‘top end’ right winger and we are relying on miggy or Murphy again 

So you want to keep Minteh, keep all our top players and also go and get a quality first team right winger?

Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too.

If it was down to the fans we would never be any good I swear. 

Edited by KaKa

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SteV said:

£40m would seem ludicrous, surely? 

No one would be advocating us spending that much on him if we were buying him from Feyenoord.

Antony was £82 million wasn't he?

Amad Diallo was between 30 and 40 million euros before he'd barely played a first team game for Atalanta.

It's a hefty fee but these days clubs bank on potential - and if you can combine that with genuine output at 19 these kind of fees are basically the going rate.

It'd be lower if he was being bought from an Eredivisie club. But he's not - he belongs to a PL club who can set a higher price. And it sounds like £40 million is the one we're setting where we'd reluctantly let him go.

Edited by ponsaelius

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, KaKa said:

So you want to keep Minteh, keep all our top players and also go and get a quality first team right winger?

Basically, you want to have your cake and eat it too.

I'd it was down to the fans we would never be any good I swear. 

So it’s sell minteh or our top players? :lol: there’s no inbetween it’s sell minteh or Bruno?

clearly maybe that’s not the case :lol: 

i respect your opinion but going by your assumptions and the last line it clearly doesn’t go both ways 

Edited by gdm

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Clearly? Or maybe ? Which is it :lol:

Pick whichever you prefer.

If no one is coming in for them then we'll have to figure something else out.

Just now, gdm said:

So it’s sell minteh or our top players? :lol: there’s no inbetween it’s sell minteh or Bruno?

In fairness we've struggled to shift the players in between for years, why would it be any different now? 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Did you read the article?

Why do you think they are considering selling him? Just for a laugh?

Do you think they'd be considering this if there was interest in the players we'd happily let go?

1 minute ago, Andy said:

In fairness we've struggled to shift the players in between for years, why would it be any different now? 

Yeah I hear you, didn’t think it was gonna be easy. If selling minteh was last resort then sure

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Antony was £82 million wasn't he?

Amad Diallo was between 30 and 40 million euros before he'd barely played a first team game for Atalanta.

It's a hefty fee but these days clubs bank on potential - and if you can combine that with genuine output at 19 these kind of fees are basically the going rate.

It'd be lower if he was being bought from an Eredivisie club. But he's not - he belongs to a PL club who can set a higher price. And it sounds like £40 million is the one we're setting where we'd reluctantly let him go.

Any potential transfer probably looks legit compared to Antony…

I suppose the point about it being less if he were owned by an Eredivisie club is why we should snap the proverbial hand of anyone that offers that. 

It’s the kind of sale that helps you progress to the next level. Just have to make sure that the RW the money (presumably) gets spent on, is the right choice.

Sometimes these type of players go on to become top level. But we’re not (yet) in a position to hold out for that. Chelsea sold de Bruyne and Salah but they still ploughed on successfully regardless.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah I hear you, didn’t think it was gonna be easy. If selling minteh was last resort then sure

And I'm totally with you.

Hopefully we can manage shifting the others before the 30th.

However, I'm thinking this article is a sign it's not looking too promising.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

And I'm totally with you.

Hopefully we can manage shifting the others before the 30th.

However, I'm thinking this article is a sign it's not looking too promising.

I would say this article just shows there’s interest in Minteh because he’s an insanely good talent that solves a fuck load of our Ffp issues if anything, at least for now mate. 

12 minutes ago, Dokko said:

£40m is peanuts. We made that today off shirts sales alone. Half that from on here.

You reckon we sold a million shirts today, generously assuming a 50% profit? 

Liverpool are really meticulous with their transfers. It's not down to Arne Slot, but a whole transfer team. If they are prepared to pay that kind of fee for Minteh now, I'd put good money on us being better off long term by keeping him and playing him regularly starting next season. He's the blueprint of what Howe expects of his wingers so would slot in nicely rather than having to take the Hall route.

Not sure some people on here have quite grasped the whole FFP thing yet. Would I want to sell Minteh? Absolutely not in an ideal world where you can spend what you want but we are not in that world. 
would people rather sell Bruno? 
Minteh unfortunately is a saleable asset. The likes of Wilson, Miggy, Longstaff, Targett etc clubs know we want rid of them but those clubs will try and get a cheap deal and these sales will take ages. 
FFP is shit but it isn’t the clubs fault it’s the corrupt Premier league and the clubs like Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal,Liverpool who dont want challengers to their top 6 or 4 ambitions. And then you have the clubs happy to sell players and get a cheap frill with never being close to PSR like Brighton and Palace who are the so called big clubs lap dogs. The Premier league is fucked as you have too many teams looking after their own ambitions or lack of. 

I think this is a very tough call to be honest that comes down entirely to our evaluation of him. 

Selling him is PSR gold, but so is keeping him if he’s good enough to play. The fact both his fee and wages are so low needs to be part of the equation.

The problem is we almost certainly can’t confidently go into a season with Minteh and Murphy as our RW options. 

Selling him may be the right move and is certainly the easiest choice if £40m is accurate, but a wholesale change at RW where we bring in a starter + Minteh while selling Miggy and Murphy is also pretty compelling.

9 minutes ago, Toonjam88 said:

Not sure some people on here have quite grasped the whole FFP thing yet. Would I want to sell Minteh? Absolutely not in an ideal world where you can spend what you want but we are not in that world. 
would people rather sell Bruno? 
Minteh unfortunately is a saleable asset. The likes of Wilson, Miggy, Longstaff, Targett etc clubs know we want rid of them but those clubs will try and get a cheap deal and these sales will take ages. 
FFP is shit but it isn’t the clubs fault it’s the corrupt Premier league and the clubs like Man Utd, Spurs, Arsenal,Liverpool who dont want challengers to their top 6 or 4 ambitions. And then you have the clubs happy to sell players and get a cheap frill with never being close to PSR like Brighton and Palace who are the so called big clubs lap dogs. The Premier league is fucked as you have too many teams looking after their own ambitions or lack of. 

Yep.  It’s not a coincidence that the PL is filled with clubs who’ve spent most of their history in the lower leagues.  A chunk of England’s historical ‘big’ clubs ply their trade lower down.  Your Palaces, Brightons and Bournemouths of the world are just happy to be on the gravy train. 

I think we’re on the cusp of the PSR limit for last season which runs until end of June.

From July is a different prospect. I don’t think we need to sell to buy but getting rid of some deadwood is a given. We need to make space in the squad.

Now Minteh is a total gamble. He could be a 40 million pound flop or he could be cheap as chips for that sort of fee. Plenty of very skilfull players who don’t have that sort of power and pace who tread water in the PL.. also plenty of players who have pace and power but no skill and no brain who equally stagnate.

We could be onto something rare who just clicks in every way and becomes an absolute nuisance to opposing teams.

IF we are on the cusp of the limit but still ok.. that 5m is already accounted for. The lad could be worth 80-100m the following season. I say fuck them, let the boy play. Let him impress and don’t ever enrich the likes of Liverpool with talent again, unless we know 100% that he’s a dud.

Posted (edited)

Started reading this thread about Minteh backwards. It’s Baldwards story ffs. He’s fishing again. Clickerty click. Made up, dot joined, edging his bets speculation for some weekend click bait fun. Pouring his large cheap red, chortling away to himself whilst reading this forum as we pick at the carcass of his exclusive.

Edited by PauloGeordio

18 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Exactly. Why can't we just sell the untalented to Saudi for a ton of money?

They aren’t a charity league. They want to build their league up so unfortunately they don’t want the untalented 

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Exactly. Why can't we just sell the untalented to Saudi for a ton of money?

Isn't there some review panel or something now that decides if the fee is correct? I think Liverpool have to sign it off first.

As for the Saudi league not being a charity, they'd be putting money into their own asset. Paying 240 million for Almiron would likely yield benefits for the House of Saud all round in the long run.

I'd like to see us try. "Run that fee by your review panel, Arne."