NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

13 minutes ago, maze said:

Why can’t we buy Federico Chiesa, please?:rant::smitten:

don’t f’ing FFP me[emoji38]

Okay I'll PSR you instead! ☺️

Longstaff strikes me as someone whose potential can only be fulfilled here and under a coach like Howe.

I'm very much a fan of his despite his limitations, but £15m of pure profit is a no-brainer imo 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Longstaff strikes me as someone whose potential can only be fulfilled here and under a coach like Howe.

I'm very much a fan of his despite his limitations, but £15m of pure profit is a no-brainer imo 

Tend to agree - happy for him to stick around as a squad lad, but pure profit is pure profit under PSR

I think he will be similar to Lee Clark, Aaron Hughes... Go onto have a decent career at another club.

Another 100+ games whereas if he stays here is will gradually move down the pecking order as we begin our upward spiral 

Wasn't sancho rumoured to have fitness problems not long ago? If so I don't think he'd be up to par with Eddie's high intensity training methods. 

11 minutes ago, mofo said:

We'll want 25m I think..

For a midfielder with a year left on his contract? 15m is fair. 20m is great business for us 

1 hour ago, STM said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. I don't see Longstaff leaving at all.

That said... if a bid comes in closer to 20m, it will be hard to turn down.

He'd be a cracking signing for any newly promoted side. I don't think he deals with the pressure of playing for his hometown club very well.

I think he'll be reluctant to leave as well, very much seems a home boy. But Leicester's not that far, what is it about 3hrs on the motorway? Maybe he'll bite if we give him some encouragement. My only worry would be Eddie might want to keep him around, but that money would buy us plenty given the FFP restraints.

If Longstaff ends up staying I have some optimism that he'll go back to being a useful squad player, assuming he isn't expected to play 46 games again. He's not a terrible footballer at all, like. He's got some useful attributes and did score eight times last year despite being worse than shit. 

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

If Longstaff ends up staying I have some optimism that he'll go back to being a useful squad player, assuming he isn't expected to play 46 games again. He's not a terrible footballer at all, like. He's got some useful attributes and did score eight times last year despite being worse than shit. 

You could say the same about Wilson and Almiron as well tbf, but if they all leave on a free at the end of their contracts, that's quite a chunk of change we'll miss out on in our fight with FFP.

Lets be honest he was knackered all season we know he's better than what he showed last season. Good squad player that's all though. 

We missed Longstaff when he was out injured. He’s a decent squad player, at 15M I think he’d be a good buy for Leicester. 

If selling him is the difference for us to be stay within FFP/ being able to make an important signing, I’m afraid he’d need to go.

I’d much rather lose Miggy/ Targett.

I'd rip Leicesters arms off for that. Means we could use that money for FFP to get a top class RW or CB and keep Minteh.

Posted (edited)

You do realise if this happens he'll be nailed on to score against us when we face Leicester.

I just hope he doesn't get a hat trick like Wood.

Edited by Joe1984

27 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

A goal more than David Ginola scored in his Newcastle career. It'll always stick in my mind for that reason. He had a poor season but his output was very good. Murphy similar although he also performed well.

52 minutes ago, TRon said:

You could say the same about Wilson and Almiron as well tbf, but if they all leave on a free at the end of their contracts, that's quite a chunk of change we'll miss out on in our fight with FFP.

Longstaff either leaves or gets a new contract this summer.

Sorry like but if we're ever to move on to 3rd base as a club then we need need to move the likes of Longstaff, Almiron, Lascelles, Anderson, Targett, Murphy, Dubravka and Wilson on. They've all be useful servants, worked hard, fulfilled their roles but we need to take the next step and unfortunately they're not part of it. They're all canny lads, none of them have done anything horrendous but it's just a natural process of improving and setting our sights higher and higher. I wish them all well but we 100% need to cut them adrift this summer or next

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Harsh to include Anderson in that list, imo.

Maybe? I'll stand by it for now though tbh, he could come good and hope he does but I've got my doubts