NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

16 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Celtic would be such a good move for Dubravka, if their interest is genuine.

Great move for everyone apart from Celtic .

1 hour ago, SteV said:

Would any of them get sold in PSR free world? Doubt Palmer would have been. 

Yea, still goes. Pep is a manager where it's 'if you don't want to be here, off you go'. Just then comes to club getting best deal as a possible.

22 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Great move for everyone apart from Celtic .

I don't know, like. Their fans thought Joe Hart was a god. Imagine Dubravka will blow their minds. Such an odd league. Genuinely historical big sides in Celtic, Rangers, even the likes of Aberdeen, but quality wise it's truly Championship level.

From Scott Wilson;

Newcastle are also hoping to reach an agreement with Isaac Hayden that will effectively see them pay up the remainder of the midfielder’s contract. Hayden, who spent the second half of last season on loan at QPR, is contracted on Tyneside until the summer of 2026.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

From Scott Wilson;

Newcastle are also hoping to reach an agreement with Isaac Hayden that will effectively see them pay up the remainder of the midfielder’s contract. Hayden, who spent the second half of last season on loan at QPR, is contracted on Tyneside until the summer of 2026.

Two more years!!? What the fuck were we thinking with some of these contracts?

3 minutes ago, Holmesy said:

Two more years!!? What the fuck were we thinking with some of these contracts?

Mike Ashley was thinking, ‘this means I won’t have to buy anyone else’.

Just now, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He’s much better than Joe Hart and any other keeper in that league.

Only issue for Celtic is his age.

Hes not better than Jack Butland

10 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

He’s much better than Joe Hart and any other keeper in that league.

Only issue for Celtic is his age.

Hart was a far better goalie than Dubravka ever has been .

28 minutes ago, SteV said:

Mike Ashley was thinking, ‘this means I won’t have to buy anyone else’.

Still baffles me how that fat fuck even made a tenner, let alone billions. 

17 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Hart was a far better goalie than Dubravka ever has been .

At both their peaks for sure. Hart hasn't really been close to the Dubravka/PL standard for years now. It's why no PL team wanted him. 

Edited by sushimonster85

I know the link is a couple of days old but Iheanacho would be a smart piece of business on a free. Hardly gets the pulse racing but is PL-proven, can play on the right and is still only 26. If Wilson goes, I'd still want us to sign another forward however, and a first team level RW regardless.

Just now, Parsley said:

I know the link is a couple of days old but Iheanacho would be a smart piece of business on a free. Hardly gets the pulse racing but is PL-proven, can play on the right and is still only 26. If Wilson goes, I'd still want us to sign another forward however, and a first team level RW regardless.

Busy getting rid of half baked players surely were not recruiting more...

2 hours ago, Terrymac1966 said:

Busy getting rid of half baked players surely were not recruiting more...

He's not comparable to the likes of Hendrick or Fraser to be fair! 

3 hours ago, Parsley said:

28 his year but other than that totally agree 👍Even though done very little to impress in the last seven years, he certainly looked like he had everything as a young player at Man City. 

The dubs hate is so weird here... We had a back line that was practically rolling the ball into our own net at times. The guy wasn't manuel neuer but he did what he could on zero notice/ramp-up after being thrust into the first team for 25 games.

Hope he has a nice twilight at Celtic if they end up giving us something (anything... really) for him

16 minutes ago, Upthemags said:

The dubs hate is so weird here... We had a back line that was practically rolling the ball into our own net at times. The guy wasn't manuel neuer but he did what he could on zero notice/ramp-up after being thrust into the first team for 25 games.

Hope he has a nice twilight at Celtic if they end up giving us something (anything... really) for him

The Man U move left a real sour taste, however the drop off was massive this season when Pope was injured, essentially making the majority realise he’s probably past his best for us.

Combine the two, and sheer pandering he did when he moved to Manure to be their third choice when he was leaving due to being ousted here, leaves little sympathy for me.

Came in, did a job, was half decent with the side that was in front of him, however won’t be missed. 

Dubravka was atrocious last season like, anything low and to his right was pretty much a guaranteed goal. You could see with the eye test how little confidence the back line had in him.

I don't hate the guy, he's been decent down the years, but his decline has been pretty evident.