NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

We've already spent £28m on Lewis Hall this summer. That's a hefty sum if we're under heavy PSR restrictions. Unless we cash in £20-30m from our squad, that could be our biggest piece of business, with any other incomers on a free or loan.

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

We've already spent £28m on Lewis Hall this summer. That's a hefty sum if we're under heavy PSR restrictions. Unless we cash in £20-30m from our squad, that could be our biggest piece of business, with any other incomers on a free or loan.

I really can’t believe things are that bad. We have some income, surely. I can’t be bothered to work it out or research like, so you could be right. 

I'm gonna take Ornstien's word as fact and assume that if we think we could be in the running for a £60m player in Olise, then our finances aren't as bad as people believe them to be. 

Edited by Thumbheed

26 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'm gonna take Ornstien's word as fact and assume that if we think we could be in the running for a £60m player in Olise, then our finances aren't as bad as people beleive them to be. 

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think it's entirely plausible we need to sell before 30 June, regardless of who we buy. 

Both statements can be true and I think people beleive one disqualifies the other from being true.

23 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'm gonna take Ornstien's word as fact and assume that if we think we could be in the running for a £60m player in Olise, then our finances aren't as bad as people beleive them to be. 

Realistically whoever does that deal I don't see it being done till July at this point anyway. At which point, however fucked or not fucked we are for PSR this year, will be a new year. 

1 hour ago, Turnbull2000 said:

Have we spent or are we committed to spend on July 1st ?

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Have we spent or are we committed to spend on July 1st ?

Given the lack of Official announcement I think we can safely assume that will go through in the new financial year. 

2 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Given the lack of Official announcement I think we can safely assume that will go through in the new financial year. 

Surely officially his loan runs til 30 June? Therefore purchase from July 1st? Same as Wood to Forest was

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Surely officially his loan runs til 30 June? Therefore purchase from July 1st? Same as Wood to Forest was

Aye probably but still the actual transfer fee will behind in the new financial year aka 1 July. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

Aye probably but still the actual transfer fee will behind in the new financial year aka 1 July. 

Yeah as i said thats the whole point of the loan to do it that way like Wood was

Or Darren Eales is a master strategist with the media and now no-one knows how much money we can spend which plays to the clubs advantage in the window.

Edited by Skeletor

4 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

The athletic are banging the Calafiori drum. 

I would say we are at the back of a very long line there.

Wouldn’t say banging, just a liner about us and some other clubs being interested. Might be some smoke though as Horncastle also broke the Tonali deal iirc. 

31 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

The athletic are banging the Calafiori drum. 

I would say we are at the back of a very long line there.

Looks a quality player but is left footed so don't see it happening, hopefully it's a smokescreen for a surprise at RCB.

This has always been a boring time in transfer windows. Loads of players/managers are on holiday, international football etc.

Things always hot up around the second week in July.

23 hours ago, Solitude20 said:

Can’t believe we were actually in the race to sign Arda Guler last year, this guy is going to be a gem. 

Guy will be available to buy from real in 2025 anyway, as his path is blocked at Real and they’ll want to bring in some money in future.

7 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Guy will be available to buy from real in 2025 anyway, as his path is blocked at Real and they’ll want to bring in some money in future.

I think he will be a regular in the not too distant future.